• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone happen to have any PDF's about...

pede69

Sep 30, 2010
I am wondering if anyone may be willing to share any PDF's you might have on understanding and/or repairing CB Radios?

Even older ones.

Thank you for your consideration,
John

CBC International: The Screwdriver Expert's Guide to CB Radios

"The Screwdrivers Expert Guide to CB Radios" repair guide is a great book that tells ya the whys and hows of troubleshooting and repairs - for $32. Sorry; no free pdf lunch for you here. It might be an old book and the radios and equipment used for discussion are antiquated; but the info is still pertinent and well-written - IMO . . .

Got my used copy a few years ago for about $25. On Amazon.com, they now range from $147 to above $300!!! Go figure . . .

Last edited:
Thank all you guys for the info...

However... I promise you, I know damn near EVERY SINGLE BOOK ever written on the subject of Cb repair/servicing since the 50's.

As stated, I am looking for downloadable PDF's on the subject.

Thank you much, again for your time and effort.

J

Wow... where did that come from?

Tit for tat, right?

I'll say it in a more simple way for YOU!!!

I did not profess to have the knowledge, I said I knew of the books.

Um... that means I DO NOT OWN THEM, therefore do not have the knowledge in them.

Simple stuff really!!

PS - if you can not offer a more positive response to MY thread, do not post in it!!

You know or HAVE every single book on CB since the first hole flowed toward a positive potential?

If you have them, cut the binder and warm up the scanner...

Bingo! Your book in PDF! (y)

The only radio books I've seen in PDF are the ARRL Handbooks.

CBC International

CBC International have a new edition of 'Understanding & repairing CB radios'
coming this year. I'm waiting for the new edition to become available.

Lou Franklin was selling his CB books combined, and at a good price, through Ebay, but can't find any listings, or links to Ebay on his website.

Anyone know about this? He's had some health problems so don't want to bug him about it.

CBC International have a new edition of 'Understanding & repairing CB radios'
coming this year. I'm waiting for the new edition to become available.

Lou Franklin was selling his CB books combined, and at a good price, through Ebay, but can't find any listings, or links to Ebay on his website.

Anyone know about this? He's had some health problems so don't want to bug him about it.

Go to the CBC site and from there find Lou Franklin's email link. Send him a note that you want to buy a copy of the new book. He will put you on a waiting list so that when that book goes to press, he will let you know. That is the last message I got from him almost a year ago.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.