• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone hear this birdie on 27.341 lsb?

Walkin' the dog
Sep 12, 2009
Chilliwack, BC
www.youtube.com
It seems to be everywhere...wtf?

Attachments

• 2021221.jpg
    2021221.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 2021220.jpg
    2021220.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 7
  • 2021219.jpg
    2021219.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 7
  • ve4per.proxy.kiwisdr.com_2022-11-27T16_02_14Z_27341.00_lsb.wav
    1 MB

Sounds like you're picking up someone's very poorly shielded Network Hub distribution box, one of those that produce the WI-FI and also the Hardline cable - this rattle ring effect is what I hear from my own box if I put the radio too close to it - it leaks into the audio side, not as a carrier but as a pure noise the CB will gather being so close to the box.

Reactions: 357
Sounds like you're picking up someone's very poorly shielded Network Hub distribution box, one of those that produce the WI-FI and also the Hardline cable - this rattle ring effect is what I hear from my own box if I put the radio too close to it - it leaks into the audio side, not as a carrier but as a pure noise the CB will gather being so close to the box.
its all over north america, I do hear it on my station but the online sdr's hear it too

Then were picking up some kind of sat-link errant signal - this may be what local towers need to "transmit" but on another frequency for a "star-link" - you can hear some type of telemetry within this noise.

Does the S-meter move to show some type of proximity?

Wonder if theres' more to these that just telemetry links.

Reactions: 357
Thanks!

1669636661634.png
as of 11:55UTC - nothing at 27MHz ATM

But that's in Texas - where everything is bigger...:unsure:

So this brings me back to the errant signal - birdie, that, to me, I hear a shift like telemetry is occurring at that time of the recording.

Getting back to this real quick - I've seen (more heard) "birdies" from R/C cars and even cheep-azz drones for kids used to "spy" on people - so if you see this again, look outside - you might have something buzzing around your house.

Last edited:
Handy Andy, I am betting you can answer this question. It comes to mind because of the current Ukraine war happening. The Duga OTH Radar Array at Chernobyl was said to produce massive interference when powered up. I had watched a documentary on the Woodpecker. The signal was supposed to be extremely low a 10 HZ if I recall correctly. Due to the nature of the OTH Radar and the atmosphere, with the massive power involved was harmonics produced all over the lower bands. It was said the system was shut down in the 1980s. Thank you in advance, this is mainly a curiosity on my part.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.