• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone Heard of a Palomar VC-300 voice scrambler

R

Rustynail

Here lately I have been on a search for the Palomar VC-300 with no luck I have posted everywere. I have only heard one locally it has to be the coolest voice processor becuase it actually can scramble your voice, and from what i have heard you have to have a vc-300 to unscramble the voice and there are suppose to be a lot of different codes etc.... IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT SUCH A THING. Reply so I can better understand the vc-300. Thanks Rustynail_CDX502 in the Sooner state and were gone

</p>

VC-300 Palomar

Hi there,

If ever you're interested in getting one, I have one. I know this is really rare and I bought this used on Ebay back in 2003. Never used it, not sure if it's working but if interested make an offer! will see if it's reasonnable. I will maybe put it up for bid on ebay.. will see there's no rush...

new in box vc 300 just went for 160.00 on ebay .that was a good price .they are hard to find .

a vc100 with do voice scramble i dont think the 300 does it .

pictures

not sure they are clear the batteries of the cam are dead, took the cellphone..

I tried 2 times but not able to upload... is there a trick... or else, if it's permitted, send your email add and I will send them (2)...

Attachments

• Image016.jpg
    Image016.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • Image017.jpg
    Image017.jpg
    1,020 KB · Views: 7
the third time it worked.! thanks Palomar did the VC-300.. Like I said I don't know much about it.. since I never used it.

Nice old box but the Original Poster seems to be long gone, and this was a very old post....

May want to toss it up on the forums swapshop with a price, someone may be interested for the right $$$

will see, someone sent me a private message... Like I said, no rush thanks for the info I did not checked the original date of this post... look quite old!!!

I had two of the PALOMAR Voice Controllers: a VC-100 and a VC-300. The 100 was a real good unit, with Echo, Roger Beep (Pee), several tunes, and talkback. Basically a good agitation box. I liked the 100, so I bought a 300 when they came out. WHAT A MISTAKE!! This box squealed whenever it was keyed up. My distributor replaced it with a new one, but it squealed too. So I sold it back in 2004. Still have the 100 model.
BTW... to use the scrambler option, the person on the receive end has to have one too. I never used the scrambler.

Just a comment about that 'voice scrambler'.

Probably the most common way of 'scrambling' is by a simple 'inversion' method. (Is this what Palomar used? No idea.) I think that has been around almost for ever. Is it very 'secure'? No, it isn't. But, if you can't do that 'inverting' you certainly won't understand what's being said! People who intend to do any 'de-scrambling' typically have that 'inverting' ability, so take it from there.
"399" is certainly correct, if there aren't two of those scramblers, one on each end, there just ain't gonna be any point in scrambling things. One of those scramblers turns up every now and then, sure, but two of them? They didn't exactly 'catch on' so good luck finding compatible ones. If you really hav a need for scrambling (which I really doubt) there are places where you can certainly get them. I have some very good medical advice about that sort of shopping! Large doses of 'smelling salts'. Don't bother sitting down, lay down! Have an observer handy so they can call the ambulance. That's not as much of a joke as you might think. :)
Have fun.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.