• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anyone out there monitor military freqs????????????

F

friery

if so what freqs and what scanner do you use or would you prefer i need to get a new one and i want something i can monitor military with.

</p>

For frqs you could check www.milaircomms.com They have a good list to start from.Here are some active ones,

756 khz usb for radio free Iraq

4724 khz usb out of Guam? with missions for the Bombers out the UK. check between 0000 utc and 0400utc

6712 khz usb

8992 khz usb cvilian and military air traffic control

11175 khz usb atc

13254 khz usb out of Diego Garcia some activity

For a radio you are going to need something with shortwave with really good reception. For an antenna you could check this page out it has some really good info on the different types of antennas that you could choose from http://www.kc7nod.20m.com/

For place to buy a good radio do a search for Universal and grove they have a lot of what your going to need. I hope this helps a little. Tbone

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=tbone713>tbone713</A> at: 3/27/03 3:15:11 pm

I have a WinRadio G303i and a Icom pcr 1000 with a ut-106 dsp.What I would recomend may not be what you need. If you only going to listen to shortwave there are a lot of inexpencive radios out there like the Grundig line that I think radio shack sells. They also have a decent wire antenna for sw. If you need a scanner that picks up Lw, Mw, Sw, Hf Vhf, Uhf. Then there are different models and the you have the trunk trackers and the new digitals. I hope that this don't confuse you, but if you give me some options like portable or computer receiver,what you whant to listen to and antennas restrictions that you whant to mount I would be more than happy to give you my advice and help.

Tbone

</p>

Trunk trackers are good. But unless they are really wide banded they won't help you for what you requested. They all have their place.I have a couple trunk trackers that i use for fire, police, ambulance, news vans, and newspaper coms. I use a Sony wave hawk for all the air.

I think for what you described you need something like a Icom PCR1000. You could set up files and they have third party software that enhances the already good Icom. If your looking for a SW receiver you could check out the Winradio series, but they are expensive. There are a lot others it all depends on your budget. Glad I could help Tbone.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.