• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANyone think and email campaign would solve this lack of product on the market?

Onelasttime

Aug 3, 2011
Here is the issue I want 2950DX in more compact Chasis or for Magnum 257 to offer the addition of 12meter band to their unit and better controls.

Idealy Radio Desired:

RCI 2950DX+6m

Compact Chassis no larger then HR2510/President Lincoln

No smaller then Magnum 257

Controls that are durable and easy to read in mobile environment

Card Slots internally to add features like various digital modes of operation, tone schelch, CTSS tones, different filters etc.......for those Hams that would use them they can buy them as needed off a menu basicly

A remote face plate/ control head so that it can be mounted in a modern car with out looking like Jethro from Beverly Hill Billys!!!! Nothing looks worse then a Cadillac,Lexus,BMW or even a Camry with some monster radio mounted to the dash!!!! You can rule out using your car for business if you have a monster bracket on the dash!!!

Oh and it should be under $300 just like the current 2950DX or current Magnum 257.

Notice I did not ask for 400 watt's and 10 bands of 40 channels and AM only.......LOL Plenty of that junk flooding the market.......I wish President still sold the Lincoln. It was almost perfect from a size and ease of use stand point. The Chip Switch made it absolutely perfect. I have one but their is nothing really like it.......The magnum has a cheap face plate with controls that break all the time and it has limited coverage and the RCI 2950DX is close to perfect but too darn big and can not be upgraded over time no way to add notch filter's or digital modes of operation latter on if you wanted too......

I am thinking that those of us that do not need a $3000 all mode HF rig at home but want something more then the Magnum 257 and smaller then the 2950DX should right Ranger and RF Limited and ask for a new product!!! If enough people ask for it they might just build it.

I understand that Ham's will hate the fact that CB'er's will use it illegaly outside of 11 meter's and will break the 4 watt rule.....The upside is that the larger the market the more features and higher grade parts that can be packed into it at a low price point. One reason Ham only gear is so darn expensive is the small market for it. That and they never seem to be able to get it right with regard to a good breaking point of features and price....They either give you such a striped down unit no one wants it or so many bells and whistles that few use often that the price is insanely high.

Their will never a be a time that people will not operate Ham gear illegally. So instead of being idiots like the HAM community was with the HR2510 and it's clones and complaining so much it was pulled off the market maybe you should embrace the idiots that free band long enough to get a great radio at a good price. Use the market forces to your advantage. I know a lot of CB'er's that own export radios for their SSB performance and increased wattage that do not "free band at all".

Just an idea though....I need another sub $300 HF rig that will fit in a modern car with out looking like Buba or Jethro owns the car. I have been unseeing Uniden PC122's and the Rat Shack equal due to space limitations.

Sure would be nice though to be able to get 10-12+6 for the son since he can use those bands with out breaking the bank! He is using a dipole in the house and a chip switched Lincoln. He is starting H.S. though so he will want to be mobile soon. So lets get writing those emails guys!!!LOL

Reactions: 1 person

Here is the issue I want 2950DX in more compact Chasis or for Magnum 257 to offer the addition of 12meter band to their unit and better controls.

Idealy Radio Desired:

RCI 2950DX+6m

Compact Chassis no larger then HR2510/President Lincoln

No smaller then Magnum 257

Controls that are durable and easy to read in mobile environment

Card Slots internally to add features like various digital modes of operation, tone schelch, CTSS tones, different filters etc.......for those Hams that would use them they can buy them as needed off a menu basicly

A remote face plate/ control head so that it can be mounted in a modern car with out looking like Jethro from Beverly Hill Billys!!!! Nothing looks worse then a Cadillac,Lexus,BMW or even a Camry with some monster radio mounted to the dash!!!! You can rule out using your car for business if you have a monster bracket on the dash!!!

Oh and it should be under $300 just like the current 2950DX or current Magnum 257.

Notice I did not ask for 400 watt's and 10 bands of 40 channels and AM only.......LOL Plenty of that junk flooding the market.......I wish President still sold the Lincoln. It was almost perfect from a size and ease of use stand point. The Chip Switch made it absolutely perfect. I have one but their is nothing really like it.......The magnum has a cheap face plate with controls that break all the time and it has limited coverage and the RCI 2950DX is close to perfect but too darn big and can not be upgraded over time no way to add notch filter's or digital modes of operation latter on if you wanted too......

I am thinking that those of us that do not need a $3000 all mode HF rig at home but want something more then the Magnum 257 and smaller then the 2950DX should right Ranger and RF Limited and ask for a new product!!! If enough people ask for it they might just build it.

I understand that Ham's will hate the fact that CB'er's will use it illegaly outside of 11 meter's and will break the 4 watt rule.....The upside is that the larger the market the more features and higher grade parts that can be packed into it at a low price point. One reason Ham only gear is so darn expensive is the small market for it. That and they never seem to be able to get it right with regard to a good breaking point of features and price....They either give you such a striped down unit no one wants it or so many bells and whistles that few use often that the price is insanely high.

Their will never a be a time that people will not operate Ham gear illegally. So instead of being idiots like the HAM community was with the HR2510 and it's clones and complaining so much it was pulled off the market maybe you should embrace the idiots that free band long enough to get a great radio at a good price. Use the market forces to your advantage. I know a lot of CB'er's that own export radios for their SSB performance and increased wattage that do not "free band at all".

Just an idea though....I need another sub $300 HF rig that will fit in a modern car with out looking like Buba or Jethro owns the car. I have been unseeing Uniden PC122's and the Rat Shack equal due to space limitations.

Sure would be nice though to be able to get 10-12+6 for the son since he can use those bands with out breaking the bank! He is using a dipole in the house and a chip switched Lincoln. He is starting H.S. though so he will want to be mobile soon. So lets get writing those emails guys!!!LOL

Don't want much for nothing do you? Basically the same cost for a completely redesigned radio with lots of extras? Ain't gonna happen. Internet campaigns are not worth the paper they are printed on. Oh wait.....they are not printed are they. :whistle:

Reactions: 2 people
m42duster, what did you think of the 5054? How was the receiver in it compared to another HF/6m rig? With the current pricing and the fact our dollar is basically at par I have been thinking about getting one to use so I can monitor 6m while chatting on HF with the FT-857. I wish they made more separate mono band 6m rigs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.