• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone work on tube amps in the Houston area?

FredTx63

Oct 17, 2015
I've got a tube amp that I need worked on. Looking for someone reputable in the Houston area who does this kind of work. Thanks for any info.

I've got a tube amp that I need worked on. Looking for someone reputable in the Houston area who does this kind of work. Thanks for any info.
It's difficult enough finding anyone who works on them period but finding someone in your area will be even more difficult.
If you're willing to pack it for shipping you'll have a better shot at getting it repaired. I hope you find someone in your area but if not check out Mike's Radio Repair. You could find his shipping info on this site. His work is excellent and he's 100% honest (Mikestadiorepair on YouTube.) Finding those two attributes in a technician is difficult now a days. Good luck.73

There used to be a guy over n Channelview behind the chrome shop, south side of I-10. Second exit headed west after you cross from Baytown. I remember he used to work on tube type.

Reactions: Sonar
There used to be a guy over n Channelview behind the chrome shop, south side of I-10. Second exit headed west after you cross from Baytown. I remember he used to work on tube type.

You may be talking about Premo.....

The last I heard he was working in an OLD OLD Shop that was around back in the day but it STILL shows up on the web.....

C&A Radio on Highway 90
10840 Beaumont Hwy, Houston, TX 77078
(713) 670-8660

Might give them a call and see if he is still there......

Reactions: Sonar
That's the dude. Tried to sell me a tube amp once, but was looking for a pill type for my truck.

If your willing to do a short road-trip, Mike Kilgore in South Fort Worth off I-20 works on Tubers...I've had to take my Palomar 300A and Kicker 500 to him a few times...As long as it's nothing major wrong with the amp, usually Mike only charges $30 to fix minor problems....wont charge you extra for small parts like diodes, fuses, or just fixing a loose wire...He also has some tubes if it needs one.

Kilgore's Electronics
5136 Mansfield HWY.
Forest Hill, 76119
(817) 478-2111

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated