• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 5555 identification.

Grinder74

KE8EOJ
Sep 23, 2012
How can I tell what version I'm looking at? One is for sale near me and owner has no clue of age/version.
Thanks,
GRINDER797

You'd have to see pictures to distinguish which model and serial number to tell of its age.

There are now 4 models of the 5555 for sale (with many clones under different aliases)

The original at-5555 with different revisions
The first version at-5555N probably some revisions

The at-5555 plus (recently released).
Soon to be released at-5555 plus/n (if that doesn't add to the confusion)

The at-5555N II (recently released)

Of the previous models you'd probably have to go by serial number to determine the age which would then help you figure out which revision it is.

Kind of a pain if it isn't in front of you.....

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
If it is not an N model, then you will likely need to look at the board inside to see the version number. If it is the newest “plus” model, then that one looks the same on the outside, but is completely different inside and has no adjustments inside the unit.

I believe that the versions with the new smaller, no physical adjustments inside boards have cooling vents on the covers. Problem is you would have to see the actual radio (or a photo) to tell. Many places selling these (and the new Strykers) are using old photos so buyer beware!

JD

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.