• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 5555 IF filter question..

I apologize for resurrecting an old thread, but I wish to thank you all for this info. I found some 10.695 three legged filters on fleabay and installed the “missing” filter in my 5555 daily driver yesterday evening. The results are very, very good in my opinion!
That's great to hear and thanks for sharing the results.

So did you remove the resistor also as recommended by @NZ8N ?

I'll now need to have a look in the 5555n. On the first version "N" model I do notice there's always noise even with the volume all the way down. Like a quiet hiss that isn't on the quad 6.

I'm quite impressed with the nb on my 5555n. When conditions lose the atmosphere static I can turn my 203p preamp on and listen to many conversations from all over, that are normally too weak to even know people are talking. HIC gets rid of hiss very well.

And just where did you find this unicorn crystal? I've only been able to find them outside the country. Someone's gotta have them

CB1 and CB2 are for AM and FM, and have no effect on SSB modes. The signal splits at D4 and recombines at D7. The AM/FM path also have the 2nd mixer injection to downmix the 10.695 signal (after CB1/CB2) down to 455KHz.
After D7, the IF stages each have 2 coils, 1 for 10.695 (SSB) and 1 for 455khz (AM/FM).
Also, a standard 10.695 crystal filter from a junked Cobra 29 or Uniden 76 is what you need, remember to remove R119 (0 Ohms), as this is the bypass if no CB2 filter installed.

AT-5555 RX split-recombine.jpg

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Was looking at the wrong board layout. Heres the right one. I think pulling the 0R here and adding a channel guard filter? I

Attachments

• 20230202_105759.jpg
    20230202_105759.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I mainly installed the second for AM back when I did, but I been doing much more SSB these days. A relocation may very well be a good idea.

Nfsus, I have a pile if the regular 3 legged filters if you end up needing one. I am n AZ. Hopefully you have a junker you can pull one from though if it is needed.

I may have to try to dig up an actual channel guard myself as much as I use this 5555 daily.

Tony

I mainly installed the second for AM back when I did, but I been doing much more SSB these days. A relocation may very well be a good idea.

Nfsus, I have a pile if the regular 3 legged filters if you end up needing one. I am n AZ. Hopefully you have a junker you can pull one from though if it is needed.

I may have to try to dig up an actual channel guard myself as much as I use this 5555 daily.

Tony
I'm gonna make a channel guard since you cant order one anymore

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.