• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 5555 IF filter question..

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
The AT-6666 has 2 of the 10.xx IF filters in place on the board.

I've been thinking about getting a 5555 model and upon looking at the board noted there was an empty spot marked CB2 next to the IF filter on that.

Simon had posted a pic of where someone did a Murata filter install in CB2 and the Max Mod and IRF520's.

Can the filter just be added or is there something that would need to be adjusted or done on this IF filter add-on.

I like the 5555 as a base over the 6666, more knobs and less menus to do things and the size is better suited as a base IMO.

Any techs on here that could chime in that would be great..Screenshot_20190707-074246.png

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

There will most likely be a bypass capacitor that will need to be removed that bypasses that area if the 2nd filter is not installed. Most likely on the other side.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I don't know if the Max Mod is really necessary unless you are driving it over its rated power. For me I would turn the power down and run an amp. I am not sure if more filtering on AM would be helpful or not. Depends on which filter maybe. I suppose it could be put on a switch so you can take it in and out of the circuit to compare.

Reactions: NZ8N and CB590
I don't know if the Max Mod is really necessary unless you are driving it over its rated power. For me I would turn the power down and run an amp. I am not sure if more filtering on AM would be helpful or not. Depends on which filter maybe. I suppose it could be put on a switch so you can take it in and out of the circuit to compare.

We'll the AT6666 has two. I'm thinking maybe on AM they wanted to cut some sporadic RF hash from the ignition or such on cars as it's definitely a smaller radio. I don't think too many can fit the 5555 in there vehicles easily, especially if they have a small puddle jumper.

I wouldn't necessarily do the max-mod either I was just speculating on that.

I'm still on the fence on the 6666 as a base or the 5555.

I've been seeing clean tunes of the 6666 broach the 40-45 AM and SSB realm on some recent videos.

I wouldn't need an amp unless I was trying to bust a sandpile and would probably run the 6666 barefoot on mid to high level via the RF power knob with a good 'clean' tune..

If I went 5555 I'd probably want to get another TS350 or something and at that point be back at like $500 of expense.

The 6666 is $245 or so from Amazon, and done..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated