• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 5555n

sensitivity beats any ham radio or other cb radio that i have had
Very hard to believe this..
Maybe it just means he hasn't had much for ham gear.
Sensitivity itself isn't much of a problem. Designing a quiet receiver is a bigger challenge.

Not taking slides here but I love both of my at-6666 rigs. Now being in radio for quite a few years I can only compare them to the radios they were built to rival which is most "black box" exports like the galaxy, Ranger, magnum etc. Of all the ones I've owned or own the at-6666 works much better in performance for me. I can only speak for myself and my likings, so whatever works for you right! If your 5555n works for you then that's great it's your radio!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I regularly use a receiver that is .25uV @10dB S+N/N .
I don't know how long I could listen to a 1,0uV at 10dB SINAD receiver before my ears started bleeding.

I know it isn't exactly apples to apples so forget that argument.
My FT-857D beats that spec and makes my ears bleed.
I know the 5555 isn't nearly my TS830 and doesn't pretend to be. Still a 1uV @ 10 dB is nothing to celebrate.In fact .25uV is about where a quality receiver starts these days.

I've never seen a "CB" radio "Export" or otherwise that could match the performance of my TS-830S.

Don't beleive those numbers i assure you i have been in this since 1980 and it's at the top of all lists on sensitivity beats any ham radio or other cb radio that i have had and beleive me i have played some of the best..

Rob Sherwood, KC0B mean anything to you ?

http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

Do your homework and let us know what you find ...

This radio flat out has got it..I have never owned a better export radio..For the money there is nothing better..The rx is so quiet you will thing the volume has died..But not the case you can hear anything that moves and if you can't hear it,It don't exist..I have had both the 6666 and the 5555 and i may have a bit less power but i like the size and display much better on the 5555..Wow is all i can say
I have also owned both 555 and 6666 and did like the 5555N better. Only drawback was the microphone plug.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
Just an update..I have renewed my license for those of you that were so concerned..I still have my 5555n and a brand new icom 7200..The anytone beats that one to on 10 meters.The rx is just a biit more sensitive and the noise blanker on the 5555n is 10 times better than the icom..Yes i have EARS on my head and i know what i can hear and what i can't..The anytone 5555n has a very impressive receiver indeed

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?