• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 6666 frequency/channel question

Hairball

May 19, 2020
Indiana
When switching between the channel number and frequency on my Anytone 6666 it seems channels 38 and 40 are 27185. The rest of the channels seems correct. I double checked that I was on 'D' and then listened to 19 and then 38 and 40. Sure enough, although the channel selector said 38 or 40 it was on 19. I was going to reconvert the radio to 11 meters and see what happens. Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Harry

When switching between the channel number and frequency on my Anytone 6666 it seems channels 38 and 40 are 27185. The rest of the channels seems correct. I double checked that I was on 'D' and then listened to 19 and then 38 and 40. Sure enough, although the channel selector said 38 or 40 it was on 19. I was going to reconvert the radio to 11 meters and see what happens. Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Harry
Put the radio on channel 38, switch to frequency mode and dial up 27.385.
Go back to channel mode put the radio on channel 40.
Switch to frequency mode and dial up 27.405, switch back to channel mode.
These radios will " remember" the last frequency you were on when switching to channel mode.
If you don't put it back on the correct frequency it will store the new frequency in the channel slot.
Or just run frequency mode and avoid the channel mix up.

Jeff

Yes, when you are on a channel and switch to frequency, you are now changing the frequency of that channel. This got me too when I first got mine.
I have seen many guys on different FB groups that have done this and think the radio is fubared totally, easy fix.
Most operators that run SSB exclusively just leave them in frequency mode and run them like that.
This does require that you know what frequency each channel is.

Jeff

All is well in quad 6 land. Frequencies and channels are back in sync. Thank you all again.
I was once in your shoes and thought the same until someone in wwdx shed the same light for me. Initially you're like wth, I got a bad one :ROFLMAO:, then you're told it's operator error but it's all good :cool:.

With all due respect things like this are the reason it's highly recommended to read the instructions before attempting to operate a radio or anything else for that matter ! Less unpleasant surprises !

With all due respect things like this are the reason it's highly recommended to read the instructions before attempting to operate a radio or anything else for that matter ! Less unpleasant surprises !
In this case they failed to put this info in the manual.
I have the CRT 9900V4 flavor of the AT 6666 and the manual is all of 12 pages with no mention of this issue.
I had to contact the manufacturer of the radio to get the details of why/how when I noticed it.

Jeff

In this case they failed to put this info in the manual.
I'm not surprised ! Chinesium products often have useless manuals.......

I'll be first to admit that I didn't read the instruction manual either; I did however know about this particular issue as mention of it came up often while I was researching which radio to buy.........

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.