• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 6666 setup, antenna placement on Kenworth T680

KaydoKaylen

Dec 31, 2022
Monticello Kentucky
I just bought my very first new radio. For my budget and features I needed I went with a Anytone 6666!
I bought 18ft of 50ohm coax and a swr meter with jumper.

What I need to know is..
The T680s are unlike my old truck a KW T660
They have breakaway plastic mirrors. The antenna has no real ground. I've seen videos online to run grounding straps from the antenna plate on the mirror to the cab. Problem is, this is a lease truck.. and I know my company won't approve of me removing the mirror and body panel. This is required to install new coax and grounding straps.

They won't even change a headlight bulb, they were made to take it in to have that serviced since it is a lease.

I have 2 'grab bars" on the rear of the daycab which hold up my airlines and other things. They are metal assuming stainless or aluminum.. they look riveted to the rear of cab. My question is, is this 2020-2021 KW T680 cab made of metal?

Will placing my antenna onto that grab bar be sufficient enough for good RF ground? If searched online everywhere and can't figure out what the cab is made of. If it's not metal I guess I would have to revert to doing the mirror job while away from work so I'm not seen.. not to keen on trying that lol

Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

Wish me luck to having my first purchased cb..
I've drove OTR for years and ran my grandpa's old Cobra 25 with a K-40 antenna and could talk for miles. This new truck came with stock coax and dog doo doo for antennas.. really want to set this up correctly so I can talk loud clear and proud.

73s 127 Southern Kentucky!IMG_20230109_075916180.jpg

Last edited:

I replied in the other section you posted this in. Your better off posting something one time then spamming it in different sections.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.