• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone Ares 2

I have also seen the 88, but there seems to be no way to get past it like maybe it is just to test the display. I suspect that some of the switches on the radio need to be in certain positions to start with, maybe. I thought about making a spreadsheet to keep track, so I don't try the same things over again. And maybe make a video so I don't forget what I just did when it works.
The 88 I have seen is not the right one. The RX/TX is not flashing and it needs to be. There is a method that requires a slide switch put into one position and slid back within a few seconds.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
OMG... The stupidity is just over the top! This is a technician??
So he's mad due to his lack of knowledge on how to tune this radio. He says not to buy this radio!! I say don't send this dumb ass anything to repair or tune. He actually sounds like a big F-ing crybaby. "Waaa waaaa" they won't let me inside their radio.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mine went back the day after I got it (radioddity QT-40) Thank you Amazon.
Mine entered into the PC driven menu once. Then it refused to connect thereafter.
Rest of the radio worked fine but I'm not ok with failures right out of the box impacting features and options.
I will say the DSP was a feature I loved.
It was on par with my "Hear It" DSP external speaker and a fantastic CB level feature that lowered the noise floor over the President I usually run but that wasn't enough for me to keep the unit. That said what is WRONG with that technician fellow. Yikes. I have another Anytone radio and love it so I probably just got a dud. That dudes off the hook....

Not having the ability to get to the service menu is total BS. Anytone has no warranty, no returns, once it leaves the factory it is your problem attitude, even if it is DOA out of the box. Why would the service menu secret matter to them?

If someone has the combo, just spill it and cut the crap.
I totally agree. It is a bit frustrating as mine is not quite adjusted properly. So now it just sits on the shelf waiting till this service menu access becomes available.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.