• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-5555 V6 Setup

WECSOG

Jan 1, 2020
There are a couple of other threads about this radio, and I've posted in at least one of them. But I guess I'll start a new one.
The primary reason for this thread is to report that I bought the programming cable, downloaded the free software, and it works. I put it on an old laptop running XP that I use for programming commercial VHF/UHF radios. Had to connect it to the Internet for a few minutes so it could find and load the driver for the cable. Once I did that it was smooth sailing.

It will accept up to 60 channels per bank. I put 28 MHz frequencies in Bank E for 10M SSB, CW and beacon frequencies. Bank F got 29 MHz freqs for AM, FM simplex, and FM repeater pairs.
D remains CB, but I added some frequencies above the 40 US CB channels. You know, for listening.:whistle:

Anyway, the bottom line is that this does indeed work so that I have the full 10M band and all the 11M stuff without needing to do the power up sequence to switch between them. And, repeater offsets to boot.
I'll probably add a universal CTCSS tone board so I can get into the 10M repeaters.
I'm liking it. Contrary to popular opinion by some who don't own one, this is a real ham radio.

Now I'm thinking about internally adjusting the output power. Specifically, turning the AM and FM carriers down to perhaps 5 watts with the front-panel control set to full. That is both to protect the finals in this Southern summer heat, and to protect a low-input amplifier. Thoughts?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated