• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-5555N & 100W HF MINIPA Kit

Ruel

Jul 1, 2020
Hi Guys I bought this Anytone radio last week and it has an ample space inside and I'm planning to install a 100-watt PA with 4" x 2" PCB. I bought this HF PA from an online seller for about 31USD.
I have a thick aluminum sheet/plate to mount this PA to serve as heatsink and for the internal speaker I'll remove it first. I don't have the schematic diagram of the radio to trace where I can connect the PTT terminal of this PA the mic input of the radio. I would appreciate your assistance with this. TIA.
upload_2020-10-10_21-55-52.png

upload_2020-10-10_22-31-36.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-10_22-27-23.png
    upload_2020-10-10_22-27-23.png
    483.5 KB · Views: 7

The above radioaficion page for this board indicates that the 100 watt version uses an MRF9120 dual mosfet, which is designed for 865-890 MHz with 26v to get 120 watts at 880 MHz.
Or, if the 70 watt version, uses a pair of IF530 transistors, which is more likely at 27 MHz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruel
You can buy the AD203 amp board for around $50.00 already assembled and working with a flat plate that works as a mounting plate and heat sink.
Not a monster power house radio but wouldn't you need to de-tune the radio for that ad-203? I'm just saying, if one were to go that route.

pls any one with a at-5555n help i want to mount power mic board to inside of my rig my last power mic did not make the grade. yes it was a cobra power mic one of those new models that had smd items and yes i broke it so i want to mount it inside of my anytone. thanks for any help. ps im also going to mod my front of radio to fix the missing leds for the front buttons. thank you pls 41KK407 or LWC407 and im in new zealand

hanks for the reply. i have had the radio for about a year now. got it of amazon at a rip off price at $550 nz. power is sitting at around 70wts and 30 am/fm but mod is crap. good sig to aust and usa just mod is low to get into usa from nz

pls any one with a at-5555n help i want to mount power mic board to inside of my rig my last power mic did not make the grade. yes it was a cobra power mic one of those new models that had smd items and yes i broke it so i want to mount it inside of my anytone. thanks for any help. ps im also going to mod my front of radio to fix the missing leds for the front buttons. thank you pls 41KK407 or LWC407 and im in new zealand
It is rude to hijack another persons thread on a completely unrelated topic.

Second no power mic external or internal will work well with this radio. You would need the knowledge, skill, SMD rework station and selection of proper size smd components to rework the audio filter section. This is not meant as a slight towards you either only that this is not a 1980's or 1990's Cobra 148. With out the skill and equipment you will likely damage the board trying to do what it is you want to do.

Given the price of radios currently it might be better to let a real technician do this for you.

Also does this radio use a powered electret mic? If so that would need to be addressed. If it does it again demonstrates it's not the mic but the audio filtering internal to the radio!

I am no expert on these radio's at all but if it is the company I am thinking of they do put a lot of really good powered mic's with great characteristics compared to your run of the mill power mic but put very narrow audio bandwidth in these radio's by design. This is common practice especialy on broadband radio's with multi-modes designed for mobile use. It increases intelligibility on what is often seen as a harsh environment. It also complies with multiple countries requirements for bandwidth especially in European countries that are super close together with high population densities and I would imagine Asia is more of the same well first and second world at least.

The reason an internal mic preamp wont help is that they are designed to hook in at the mic adapter at the pins. They take that signal and amp it and insert it were the wires from those pins currently go into the board. So you simple hook it to the indicated pins and into those same output wires correspondingly and then a switched power source of what every voltage it calls for some might be 8V some might be 12V so +-.

Bad idea putting this inside radio.
Mike
I agree 100% first it is a bad idea to ever put an amp inside of a radio!

Another moronic thing to do is putting an amp from the factor on the bottom of the radio to heat soak all the parts above.

Put the amp away from the radio. First this will allow you have a proper heat sink not just a slab of aluminum. No way anything that will fit into a radio has enough means to dissipate the heat of 100watts in spite of the idiotic stingers with exactly that design!

You might as well take the radiator out of 4cyl Toyota Camry and attempt to use it to cool a 1 Ton Dodge with a Cummins in it! At least that is a radiator of proper design just the wrong size. Maybe this has escaped your attention but air cooled devices like Motorcycle engines, old light aviation engines, old Volkswagen engines all have fins not just a mass of aluminum or they would have just added more aluminum to the blocks and dispensed with the fins if that was possible.

You need to have as much surface area as you can exposed to circulating air that is what the fins do. If you you just end up with an aluminum oven element inside your radio radiating heat from the transistors back into the radio. Even those Moron at ranger and those Chinese radio's with way more power than they should have put the heat sink on the outside of the radio and cast fins in even if they are terrible fins.

Put that thing in a box away from the radio with a PROPER so not cheap heat sink. Do not put it in the glove box or under a seat it needs to have plenty of air flow. Heat sinks should always face up even though moron companies design them often so the switches can only be read with the amp upside down.

The first time I saw a radio with an amp built under it or with out external heat sinks I based them for being stupid that has not changed in the last 20 years. Even those poorly designed RF Unlimited DX and Later FX kits put the amp outside the radio on the back and had a real if too small heat sink! Later they came with fans or the provision to easily mount fans.

I do not get it why do people insist on putting the amp inside the radio. What good and practical purpose is serve?

Like Nancy Reagan used to say "Just say no!"

LOL....Good Luck.....Remember....Friends dont let friends mount an amp with improper heat sink in the radio!

Reactions: sp5it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.