• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-5555N Channel Expansion & Adjustment Points

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
Here's some info for future owners of this radio.

Bridge OP1 for 11 Meters (CB) Note it is smd technology so the pads are very small

Adjustments are pictured and pretty self explanatory.

20220108_215538.jpg
Before and after the solder bridge for CB band
Also echo adjustment points

20220108_202856.jpg
Main pcb20220108_202919.jpg
W16/W15 echo Adjustments
W11 AM Mod
20220108_203645.jpg

The 5555-n is a great radio. Although the mic plug is a bit different, I feel confident that the stock mic would be the best for it anyway. Kind of like the 6666 and Lincoln 2+ in that regard. And the mic that it comes with feels like a real mic, unlike the 5555.

The 5555-n is the radio that I take to the beach to set up portable on the back deck of the beach house. It is a solid performer right out of the box.

The 5555-n is a great radio. Although the mic plug is a bit different, I feel confident that the stock mic would be the best for it anyway. Kind of like the 6666 and Lincoln 2+ in that regard. And the mic that it comes with feels like a real mic, unlike the 5555.

The 5555-n is the radio that I take to the beach to set up portable on the back deck of the beach house. It is a solid performer right out of the box.

I wasn't going to even mess with it yet because I've still got the unfinished 33 but couldn't help myself. It isn't in service yet but hopefully soon.

Checked it, added the blob, quick function check and back in the box. The knobs are big and spaced apart nicely, the screen is big with big numbers and easy to read so those are nice features.
Yeah I agree, the rj45 plug isn't my favorite either but will just have to live with it.

Modulation seemed a little low on the low side so maybe that'll be something to look into when it's up to bat.

I did not the ssb power is adjustable with the rf power knob so should make it very adaptable to driving a box. So long as one doesn't forget to turn down the POWA and cause some magic smoke...... So far it seems likeable.

And it's a full size radio like the old galaxy exports

Well finally got the 5555N on the air today and it's a keeper. Perfect day for it with the big dx conditions, the receiver on the radio is excellent. Switching back and forth from the quad 6, the 5555n has a one up in the receive department. Not quite as power as the big brother but it'll hold it's own lane.

Before putting it to work, I did set the dk to 2 low 10 high for peace of mind. I turned the AMANL up just a smidge because it was a little anemic to start but all else was left alone. Ssb power and frequency were dead nuts as it came so we'll see how it works in the long run.

The big display is great, big knobs are perfect and quite an upgrade for a full size American as myself. It's like going from the 80's datsun to the 80's boat Cadillac in terms of shoulder room.

So far, very pleased and the next step is to put the kl-503hd behind it.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated