• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-6666 low and high power readings?

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
Does anyone have a non modded 6666 that can check both low power (using the RF power knob on front) deadkey and peak swing for me (again on lowest setting)..

I may grab this model but may want to run with a cheap RM 'amp' later on..

I like the 2w dk I saw in video, but 3.5w pep seemed odd in the video..

On high power AM mode he showed 12w dk and it swung up to like almost 45w..

Trying to nail down a decent base rig with SSB..

40-50w barefoot sounds good.. option for a 300w kicker later would be nice too though..

Sorry I'm a pain to some on here..

Last edited:

K3 , Pm Hobie102 , he's a member here not that active any longer but he checks his pm's on occasion . Or check him out on GMM1 on Fb , (I think thats it ) or on Youtube under the same thing . He will get back to you he's a good friend from his 11m days . He has one and knows them inside and out . ( jmo) 73 and God Bless , Leo

Reactions: CB590
I found the At -6666 for him years back when he was looking for a Good low $ decent power radio , he loved it . Now he's moved on a Ic 7300 I believe . He got his ticket .

The AT-6666 is a high power radio.
If you mean a cheap RM Italy 100 watt amp you will probably blow it up.
The AT-6666 is capable of near 100 watts alone.

That's the beauty of these radios like the AT-6666 or the Stryker 955.
You really don't need an amp or an amp is impractical unless your talking about many hundreds of watts to 1kW+
Amp is built-in.

It's like buying an indy car to drive in the city.

The AT-6666 is a high power radio.
If you mean a cheap RM Italy 100 watt amp you will probably blow it up.
The AT-6666 is capable of near 100 watts alone.

That's the beauty of these radios like the AT-6666 or the Stryker 955.
You really don't need an amp or an amp is impractical unless your talking about many hundreds of watts to 1kW+
Amp is built-in.

It's like buying an indy car to drive in the city.

Was going to run on lowest power 1-2w with amp.. lol

Yes. With 6666 turned to lowest RF power via front knob.
It swings too much power to use it for very long. Even using the power knob at 2 watts the swing is still 45-60 watts and that's too much for a regular amp as you said kl 203 you'll need a 503 HD or high drive amp.

It swings too much power to use it for very long. Even using the power knob at 2 watts the swing is still 45-60 watts and that's too much for a regular amp as you said kl 203 you'll need a 503 HD or high drive amp.
I had the 5555 briefly (post is 2018) and set internally the max to be like 10w on swing on lowest knob setting. Worked ok with the 203. Got rid of the 5555 and got a 6666 in 2019 and set it up without any amp. Get outs very well. Had it setup 50/50 for AM & SSB on swing. I also had the newer McKinley and with that set low would rock perfectly with the 203 in the truck

Looks like the next couple days are going to be active. A flare is coming around to the front of the sun.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated