• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-6666 RF Power

Makes you wonder why they even ask.... I've got a coworker and friend that do exactly as that haha, I know the feeling.

Makes you wonder if we should say the opposite of what we really want to say o_O.

With that 955, he's gonna need an even BIGGER amp if he's dead set on using one..... but like the 955's quad 6 cousin, it should do great all by itself with the proper antenna.

That's what I was thinking. But the (*****) just bought the brand new KL-503 a short bit ago. I told him that amp only wants a few watts drive, and maybe 12 or so pep for SSB. Now he has a meek amp, and a bull radio that he thinks I can match up. I have no idea how far I can turn that lower power down on the Stryker. It's frustrating!

I just read a mouth full ! So to keep things as easy as possible and for best results , it's best not to run power with the Q6's ? Is it the fact that even if you de-tune them the pep swing is still to much ? Like for say on 2 x MRF 455s ? (60 watt x 2) or even if I could ? If the radio does 60 on SSB wouldn't I need 4 times that wattage on the receiving end to even make a difference ? The thing is , more is more anyway I look at it , hopefully being used in the right formula.

Last edited:
I believe there are 2 or 3 but not much difference in the versions aside from minor revisions. From everything I've read, they all seem to be about the same in performance. I do know the early production had the 13n10's to where the last few years have been 520's. Seems any problems early on were with the 13n10's but it was the golden screwdrivers trying to squeeze every last watt out of them causing the break downs.

No need to hot rod these little radios...

Out of the box they put out like a lot lizard on Friday night!!!

In other words, I wouldn't get hung up to on versions if you're buying new!

Reactions: Switch Kit
My CB radio EGO mentality ! (I'm guilty !) Wow ! Handy Andy really is handy ! Thanks ! Reading your replies is like going to school , even though I might need to read it a few times before it clicks in (or if it ever does) I've known a few techs in my time (if that's what they really were ? I think many of them were learning as they went along also) I still paid attention even if the info never totally clicked in or if it was the wrong way to go about it.

I remember years ago one of your write ups on the Uniden PC-122 (Handy Andy) really helped me out at the time. Greg T. I think many of us like your cousin have been there and done that , it can get very costly living and learning in this hobby and I think it's just some kind of power bug and ego trip and just not understanding the whole picture and why and how things will work properly.

I remember about 20 years ago sitting at the table with Randy Knovak (RIP) and Charlie the Candy Man (RIP) When Randy was explaining why there was no such thing as anything over 100% modulation..........and what all that added up to. (Channel 6 rings a bell) waste not ,want not . If you pay for it , Why waste it ? but then there's the understanding of it all .......I have come to believe especially where AM is concerned , guys just don't care ! as long as they are getting out that's all that really matters . even bad situations (dirty) can and will work fairly well , for them anyway. Thank you Handy Andy for your know how and the time you take to explain it all.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.