• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-6666 v3

The minute you touch your fingers to the screws somebody wants to blame you for something that happens 2 weeks later.

RPC,
You have just touched on what is tearing at the fabric of our lives. Everyone wants to blame someone for something be it two weeks from now or forty years ago, whether it happened or not. Personal accountability can still be found, but it is seemingly a diminishing trait. Now, so as not to hijack this thread, is the AT-6666 the best choice for one looking for an export rig to use on 11 meters? :cool:

Was the board placed on some jig and tuned, or was the individual components tuned before they were soldered on the board? Possibly both, but either way the manufacture did a remarkable job.

When we design electronics - at least today so I can't answer for "yesterday" we go for the middle ground on any adjustment points. A lot of adjustable parts come as new at the center of their travels so that adds to the benefit. It's part of cutting down assembly time which is one of the most expensive parts of manufacturing. That assembly line time will kill you. I would say good design is why it was so close.

is the AT-6666 the best choice for one looking for an export rig to use on 11 meters? :cool:

Good question. It has a lot of good attributes in my opinion. small, so it has a better chance of fitting in modern cars, and decent adjustable output power.
It a good performer IMHO.

Good question. It has a lot of good attributes in my opinion. small, so it has a better chance of fitting in modern cars, and decent adjustable output power.
It a good performer IMHO.

Thanks. Would be using it as a base. And need a small one.

The controls are small just like my Lincoln 2. No need to mess with the settings other then the clairifier,squelch and volume once you have it where you want.

Reactions: puckett
That was my point. It's a buy it and use it radio.

I can’t stand it no more...

So you’re telling me they work great right out the box? They don’t need no stinking super tuning or magic fairy dust sprinkled in them? No parts changed out to make them work correctly cause the engineers don’t know what they’re doing?

Are you trying to tell me that possibly Apple makes them because they “just work”?

Reactions: NZ8N and mrgumby
Well, someone is not telling something - very important here...

Sorry Porkchop I call them as I see them - I've already had one here to repair because of a foolish mistake and they are not as simple as they look.

I'll give you a hint, because if anyone out here really knew what they had that would be one of the first features they broadcast to everyone out here...

AT-666FrontPanel.jpg

The thing has 6 controls left on 3 concentric and 1 control with a rotary encoder and Push to Access feature on it.

That means 8 functions on the front panel with most on the Mic connector side...talk about torque a finger and thumb...that's just the rotary side of this mess...I don't care for the push buttons they are not for fat-fingered callused skin people like myself.

But that is not the most interesting feature. They - the rest of them - have been silent on the main one feature that is talked about on this forum, was one of the main reason it's showed up at work to have fixed...

AT-666Microphone.jpg

Does the above ring a bell?

Sorry for the graphic but I am not allowed to take pics of radios in for service unless the boss says I can - so no answer also defaults to "NO" - but the reason that one showed up was due to it being in an accident.

The boss is the one that needed it reviewed for repair - that's all he wanted.

After the look over and my thoughts to him, he returned the radio to the customer without even saying a word.

It was later disclosed to our shop by the boss that they are not to take radios up for repair unless he approves them for repair - else they are to be returned to customer and the customer decides to fix it elsewhere or send it in - but not at the (this) shop. He can't repair ALL the radios that arrive for good reasons.

He also knows too, that he sells this radio at Truck Stops and his other Shops but not all locations - because of his return policy. Meaning different states have various return "quirks".

He explained this one, after they walked out the door and drove off - they admitted the radio was in an accident and the driver smashed up his car. But they wanted to have the radio repaired since it was under warranty and they had ok'd from the insurance to find a replacement or at least get estimates. So with that he said, " This is an insurance issue we may never get paid for. It may just sit here never resold for the cost I put into it to get it right again. I can't have that in my bottom line." Left the room and went to his office in the back - end of story.

No matter the admission or the fault - if he takes a radio in to expect it to be reimbursed by their insurance company thru some type of receipt - he can see a flight risk he doesn't take charities...You also don't know the circumstances behind the repair except for that admission. So good luck in finding honesty when they think "theres' one born every minute".

So, yes, I was there, did that - and the sale walked away, but my boss is a happier man due to it.

Reactions: unit_399 and NZ8N
The Apollo II or SR94HP blah blah blah, but you have to open it and clip that white wire first.

So I guess no. Disregard my above sentence I guess.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated