• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-6666

Really......LOL You think those radio's you buy that are built in China have matched transistors??? Really??? I got a bridge I want to sell you in Brooklyn New York she is a gem!!!! You think Ranger is matching transistors! LOL Stop I can not take this my diaphragm is cramping from all the laughter! You think Amitron, Alpha, Dentron and all the tube amp OEM are taking the time to match tubes? Next, you are going to want me to believe that OEM are matching caps too! LOL The biggest source of imd is not due to mismatched transistors inside of the radio especially at the advertised power output or lower from the OEM! If that where true all it would take to clean up a Galaxy or the like from the factory would be to replace the factory installed finals with a matched pair nothing else! LOL No one that can turn on a scope and read the results would ever by that at all! If you install an unknown transistor from Palomar you are not taking out a mismatched OEM part and installing the same part as the OEM that is just matching. It would be like taking a pair 2SD1446 and replacing it with a matched MRF455 and claiming that you got rid of the imd by simply swapping out the stock parts for a matched pair of like parts but that would a lie! the 2SD1446 and MRF455 are completely different parts other than the fact that they fit in the same socket type and are both 12V devices they have nothing really in common so the fact that the MRF455 are a matched pair by itself does not mean the "matching part" was what made the difference when the designs are totally different internally. Hardrive you do not even know what is different about the Palomar parts.IN a court of law you would be made to look like a fool if you tried to stand on what you are saying as fact! McDonalds told us for years they had 100% beef patties but it turned out they were using Earthworms as filler for a long long time. I could parrot what McDonald's was saying but that does not make it truth or factual!

Common sense is worthless in this conversation you always need proof! Common sense said the Earth was flat for about 6000 years then what 800 year ago or less than that common sense changed and the Earth was obviously round. For a few thousand years the Universe revolved around the Earth then suddenly everything revolved around the Sun! LOL Common medical sense said that the body contained 4 humors and the balance of which caused illness. Common sense less than 200 years ago said that if you were ill you needed to drain off some blood to cure your disease! Less than a 100 years ago common sense said Marathon runners should drink brandy laced with strychnine during the race to improve endurance and lessen the perception of pain! Common sense said that DC was safer and AC was deadly according to Edison and people gobbled that up! Common sense says you get what you pay for so if something is expensive it must be better! Just like common sense tells you that if something is heavier it must be better built! LOL

Common sense means less than nothing because not only is common sense not very common it is full of outright lies meant to keep those in power in power and those making things and selling things in a postion of authority and knowledge!

Anyone that has an understanding of Electrical Engineering not just electronic circuit design would never say something is "common sense". In fact, a lot of hard science is counter-intuitive the deeper you go. Just look at almost everything in "Quantum Physics" almost none of it is intuitive and commonsensical! If you think Maxwell and Tesla's results and ideas are intuitive you are either a liar or you really do not understand them.

On top of that, anyone that knows anything about electronics could lower imd without installing mystery parts just by using matched parts, making sure all the resistors and capacitors used in a circuit have the actual value they are supposed to have and doing a proper alignment that a factory does not have time to do. On top of that lowering output power and fine tuning the bias again will lower imd with no new parts needed.

Next you are going to attempt to convince us that you are getting enough increase in output power to give an additional S-unit or 2 or 3 right!?!?!? Get real! I can not imagine the parts and your time are worth the end result compared to a proper alignment and an external amplifier built to ham radio standards not Texas Star, Hopper Built, BBI, X-Force, Davemade etc.....If the end result does not show up on a meter at the receiving end it is not worth anything let alone a premium! What do you charge for less than $20 in parts and 1 hour of your time? You repeatedly tell us in your video's you do not troubleshoot radio's or repair them! You swap a few parts and do an alignment. For a 5-minute coax job you want what $65, $95 or more just to trim to your magic length and solder two Amphenol connectors on. That is not for the coax and the connectors that is just your labor. $95 per 5 minutes is a bit high! LOL

Would you ever agree to have your work evaluated by a 3rd party? I am guessing the answer is no! Oh wait I have you use your logic! LOL....Common Sense tells me you would not agree to that! LOL

You have idea's that are heretical which is not a bad thing but we are well beyond the put up or shut up stage. My Dad would say "You're talking out your ass!" because you are never willing to prove your work or give people anything of substance to test your idea's we are all just supposed to take you at your word and as expert or Guru! The problem is America is not the most loving and trusting of Guru! LOL

For the record I have plenty of old CB radio's that have great imd! LOL Likely as good as your radio's or better that have not been modified at all to give them great imd!
Only a moron with an IQ of 65 would believe that manufacturers are installing beta-matched finals at the factory. I never said they were. You are talking out of your ass claiming I made claims of additional power which I did not. In regards to "put up or shut up" It's been my motto for several years now. IMD always occurs with mismatched transistors and no "golden screwdriver" can make it disappear without using beta matched components.
For the record, Intermodulation (IM) or intermodulation distortion (IMD) is the amplitude modulation of signals containing two or more different frequencies, caused by nonlinearities in a system.
Two or more transistors working in parallel with different curves constitutes a nonlinearity. Nothing can remove the nonlinearity short of replacing the components with beta-matched components. The problem increases in direct proportion to the number of mismatched components working in parallel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody-202
I still find it amazing that you spend $200+ for a radio and in order to make it "sound" right you have to modify the crap out of it. Now I know that hams do the same thing and this is why I stick with the older gear as the damn stuff just works right without major modifications.
That is not a factual statement you made really. TO make it sound good implies that they designer messed up. I think they did what they did on purpose not by accident. Not everyone on earth expects hifi broadcast type sound on a 2 way radio. Different designers and user will put an emphasis on whatever their social norms and expectations are not what is needed or what it is best for propagation. Heck even world-class musicians and sound engineers cannot agree on a single sound as universally good.

I like the way Hardrive or Rabbiporkchops radios sound but I will never hook up a Heil 781 to anything I own so that does not matter to me especially in a mobile environment. I think I have 7 SSB/CB one of which is an actual base. I think I have 2 AM only one mobile and one base and a 1998 President Lincoln and a Yeti MKIII so I am set for a while. So just recapping and re-aligning them all a doing a few mods should keep me in radio's for the next 20 years. Few men in my family the last 2 generations have made it much past 65 and I am 45 now! I am thinking I should be good to go radio wise unless I decide to get my ticket punched and move on up! Same thing for mics I think I have over 20 NOS or like new Shure, Electro Voice, Turners and the like. I even have Aviation EV's that have built in amplifiers that are powered by the navcomm radio pa interface so no batteries.

What I do not have is any spare ground planes for home. I have 2x 108" whips, 5ft firestick and K40 trunk lip mount antenna's. I have a bunch of dipoles but my new to me home is wrapped in steel siding and has foil backed shingles so they do little good in my Faraday Cage of a home or even close to the house all the metal and foil is a pain. I have almost no cell signal in the home either. I have not had time to mount anything that would allow me to get those dipoles at the right height and away from the steel clad home! LOL So I have been working with a Starduster 400 and only about 25 feet up I need to get higher.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
If I am home long enough to hook it up I will let you know. I do believe I lowered my low and high power so my readings will not help you. There should be a manual on line.

Reactions: 357magnum
What cb needs is a real manufacture to step forward and make a decent radio. Forget the bells and whisles and go back to knobs and switches. What's not needed is multi color displays, glow in the dark face plates and the focus on flash and less on function. Make the damn thing work right out of the box but as I have said before the market is just not there for all this. Quit making thinly veiled "ham" radios that directly aimed at the cb market. At least in the amature arena there are still decent manufactures making products that for the most part work out of the box. Yes there is the "flash" but there is also lower end stuff without all the crap.

Yup. A real radio for mobile. By a real manufacturer.

02EA905E-C616-450D-861A-00EC7103B1C0.jpeg

I have been messing with it. I can't screw it up because if I do something I can not undoo I can always do a master reset and start over. Wow I am laughing here. I am not real good with computers and now radios are getting like computers. All and all it is a decent little radio. Nothing seems to compare with my favorite the HR2510.
Maybe you can find an old vintage (Lafayette or Sonar FS?) tube radio where you can remove and insert a crystal for any channel you want. Lol...lol...lol.

Reactions: S&W357
What cb needs is a real manufacture to step forward and make a decent radio. Forget the bells and whisles and go back to knobs and switches. What's not needed is multi color displays, glow in the dark face plates and the focus on flash and less on function. Make the damn thing work right out of the box but as I have said before the market is just not there for all this. Quit making thinly veiled "ham" radios that directly aimed at the cb market. At least in the amature arena there are still decent manufactures making products that for the most part work out of the box. Yes there is the "flash" but there is also lower end stuff without all the crap.
You got that right!
Form, Fit and Function!

Generally I prefer knobs for mobile use. When you learn where the knobs are, you don't have to look at it to adjust it. Menus are fine for a base where it can have your full attention. Ideally a menu driven radio for mobile use would have knobs for the most used functions and the functions that are set it and forget it would be ok in a menu.
Bingo! That is the primary reason I removed the Stryker 94 from my truck and replaced it with a Stryker 447.

Amen! I recently purchased a home from the second owner and they installed a light dimmer switch in every room which drives me crazy. I just want the light to come on full-glow when I flip the switch. A light dimmer switch in the bathroom? Give me a break!

Amen! I recently purchased a home from the second owner and they installed a light dimmer switch in every room which drives me crazy. I just want the light to come on full-glow when I flip the switch. A light dimmer switch in the bathroom? Give me a break!

Why my ancestors hunted yours in the dark.
Some of us can still see pretty well.

Dimmers in the house are a relief.
I switched to having the “walkways” dimly lit instead.

I figured you were going to complain
about the RFI dimmers can aggravate

Night vision.
Don’t leave home without it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.