• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at6666 question

sonoma

Sep 14, 2005
oklahoma
I bought a Anytone at6666 and was making changes to the programs and the clarifier does not move the freq counter on the radio when you turn the clarifier knob. is this normal or did I miss some thing in the programming.I did the adjustments per the manual but it did not specify if the counter on the radio will show movement. I did notice when you turn the channel knob it on goes 1khz at a time when in the freq counter mode..

Did you do a test with an outboard frequency counter or another receiver to see if the clarifier is doing anything? Another forum stated the clarifier has options of being turned off, RX only, TX only or both TX and RX turned on. They said the default was off and that it could be turned on under the option features labeled “FIN” (supposedly fine tuning). I wish I had one to experiment with as this information is unverifiable at this point.

oldtech that was what I was thinking but have never owned one of these radios until now and having a problem finding any place it states that about the freq counter as far as what it is.

Sunbulls it does track both tx and rx on an external counter. with all the stuff that is on this radio you would think it would state some where if it is a actual counter or a display. having a hard time finding any thing on this radio. so far it seems to be a good radio but just lacking any info to verify. I was just hoping some one that owns one of these could say if their radio moves the counter on the radio when you turn the clarifier. freq counter or just a display..that is the question for just my wanting to know the manual does not state what the heck it is.

I have been working so much I have not turned my radio on in months. Clarifier does not change the display. But if you hit Freq. it will go in to VFO mode and you can change freq. that way and see things Change. What do you think of the radio? I like the one I have.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I have not really used it as of yet so no opinions right now. just trying to set it up and see what it will do. so far not much on the radio and the owners manual does not really tell you much other than what button to hit to go into an area to make adjustments.

At first set up is a pain. Then after you mess it up and reset to it becomes easier. There is a preset that I can't figure out that will let you switch to say ch38 and it will automatically go in to lsb. Or ch 19 and it will go to am and echo on. If that is how you set it and etc. But sometimes it will work and somehow sometimes it will not lol.

Reactions: 357magnum
it seems to be a fairly nice radio. I am thinking about putting it in my pickup this weekend.may try it 1st as a base unit to play with the controls.. I got the radio very cheap. only 101.00 shipped and it has every thing in the box except for the 4 bracket mounting bolts. that is not a big deal since I have a bunch of them.
after I play with it some should make it easir to set it up. only thing I hate about it is you go into a program and read a few lines to see what to do it goes back to the main menu before you can look at what it says to do. seems like it only stays there about 2 seconds , which as slow as I am I have to go back into the program to set any thing.

Reactions: 357magnum
10-4 Sonoma. I find that hard to deal with also. You have to be quick or you start over. lol. Also a truck driver on you tube does a great run down on this radio. But somehow he can hear what the roger beeps sound like and I can not figure out how to do that. I do not use roger beeps but would like to figure out how to do this.

I do not like the roger beep either. the main reason is a lot of the guy's I use to talk to about 15 years ago had hearing aides and the sound would really cause them a problem. it would be louder than normal for them due to the hearing aide making it so much louder.
I just got use to not using it then just did not care for it . at one time I would use to when a guy was bleeding over on my channel do to his radio being a splatter box. the beep would bleed over on them a lot worse than just talking. I would be a jerk back then and just keep keying up the radio to bleed over on them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.