1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Anytone software round 2

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by 743SEPA, Dec 4, 2018.

1. 743SEPA

743SEPA New Member

I can't seem to find software for my at6666 that will download right. It either is 0 bytes downloaded or won't open. Had the same problem with the at5555 software. Tried on 2 different computers,one a windows 7,the other a 10.

2. camaro1

camaro1 Well-Known Member

try from the "simonthewizard" page, I see he has it

3. 743SEPA

743SEPA New Member

Yeah,tried that. Takes you to the same place.

4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Well-Known Member

Did you try this?
    USB Drivers & Information

The simple installation of USB cable drivers changed with operating systems after Win-XP. Vista,
    Win7, Win8 and Win10 all try to install a driver of their choice instead of one that actually works with
    Chinese-made cables. This is because Prolific, the maker of the chip that the Chinese copied,
    released a driver that will not work with the Chinese cables. Of course, since Windows is smarter
    than us humans, it will automatically install the newest (non-working) driver it can find. Windows
    update will also replace an older, working driver, with one of these new non-working ones. For
    your Chinese USB cable to work with Vista, Win7, Win8 or Win10, you must force the operating system
    to install one of the older drivers. The files and links below will show you how this is done.

Windows 10 Upgrade:
    If you recently upgraded to Win10, and are using a Chinese programming cable, your PC will automatically update your Prolific driver. You will need to reload Prolific driver 3.2.0.0 back to your PC.

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  5. TheRATT

TheRATT Monitoring the frequency.

I have a Mac, therefore no luck with the cable but my single biggest pet peeve (unless I'm doing it wrong) is manually dialing through the band and it overwrites the memory with wherever you tune to.

Is there a way to just scroll manually through the band on an AT-6666?

6. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Disable anti-virus and try again

7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Well-Known Member

8. 743SEPA

743SEPA New Member

Thanx for the replies. I'm not real good on computer stuff so if it's not plug n play I'm screwed!

9. 743SEPA

743SEPA New Member

Thanks Rabbi,that worked!

rabbiporkchop likes this.