• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

APRS on HF

jmz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Feb 8, 2010
Can anyone recommend an easy to use software that can take the raw APRS packet data on HF and display it. I have tried AGWPE but it is not really installing all that well on my Win 7 machine. I have a signallink USB sound interface and would like to goof around on Frequencies like 10,147.60 in a receive mode only at this time. I don't need map plotting, but if you have info on that I would be interested in hearing about it...I'm looking for a simple program like Digi pan but for APRS packet if it exists.

Thanks!

KE4HGR 73

John

APRS

You might try crosscountry wireless, it decodes aprs good on 30 meters also shows aprs
on the landline portion, it is quick and simple program, if you download it I will give you the frequency on 30 meters , I am not in the radio room but will put another entry with the frequency today.

DOCTOR/795

Thanks Doc! This software looks like it was what I was looking for....I will download it and give it a try..I like the way it's set up....thanks again!

APRS

I think you will enjoy it, maybe will run into you sometime. When you transmit some time, you might be surprised if someone comes back to your beacon, I have had 4 people, but dont get on that much except for short bursts..have fun.

DOCTOR/795

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.