• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Ar 10 wipes the floor with a99

I read the part about tree antennas and went out side to look for the connectors on my huge Poplar tree. No luck. Is the connector in the soil for a ground plane?

Glenn
Here in internet forums the only perception people have of you is based on what and how you write or put together a post. You do yourself no favors by just throwing a wall of text out there with no concerns for spelling, grammar, punctuation, paragraphs etc. It makes a difficult read for everyone who was initially interested. Many will just skip over a poorly executed post and not make any useful comment.

The bottom line is you lose the benefit of having all these knowledgeable people around and you won't be taken very seriously. You will have made it very difficult for people to offer advice to help resolve the problems you are experiencing.

In some cases there are disabilities and language barriers to deal with and that can be taken into account by the readers if they are made aware of it. How fast someone can type, text or even send Morse code doesn't matter much if the end product is not understandable. Making a longer post using a phone is a pain so I keep those very short and to the point.

Spend the time on a post. Wait until you are at a regular keyboard if necessary. It doesn't have to be perfect. Even a few line spaces here and there to break the text up into a few paragraphs REALLY helps!!

Well i get this alot for the spelling and the rambleing of topics i get the same on youtube.spell check is not auto on my android an i dont have time to go back to fix them.i have used a stopwatch to check my own stuff.i can type about 170 words on this tiny keyboard with my gigantic ex boxer fingers with the mistakes.or i could slow way down and have less mistakes.i rather pump out volume .however i will slow down wen i post here.and it will bring me to a average of about 2 1/2 minutes for an average 100 word comment.im about a 120 word a minute typer on a reg computer keyboard at work but it checks the words automatic.i havent had to look at any key board when i type since i was 8.not bragging about being a good typer.i had a job where i typed 12 hours a night.i just look at the screen and it literally looks like im just pretending to hit buttons at random.every minute of life is busy for me so i dont want to waste it re reading some comment.but i do like this forum very much.its always the o's an the i's and a few others that mostly get hit by mistake.im deleting and fixing as many as i catch.but this post i have slowed it down.it should be a bit better.im gonna hit the stopwatch and give ya the damage.ok i checked.over 3 minutes for this comment.i would be fired for that at work.lol.but this is my hobby and this update will be another 30 seconds.i use my thumb so i can hold the phone up.but dont be to hard on me.i mean i am a damb fast typer.so dont hate.that starts to remind me of my locals.they call dx an call dx with their beams and imax 2000 on a tower and i come in on a kenwood beater ans 15 different countries from europe are calling at me .im using a 18.00 1/2wave wire antenna for 11 meters up 50 feet horizontal putting it right into europe and asia an i kill it.so for that im not liked by certian locals.i buy alot of hf stuff and fix it.i turn trash into gold.388 va working my infoor dipole and my short long wire from va .worldwide barefoot station.

Replaced my a99 up about 38 feet in top a oak tree.with no radials on 5 foot of mast with no ground plane kit i did fairly well talked most of the world with 400 watts peak power in 2014 with great cycle 24 conditions.i recently put a aluminum ar 10 ringo in the same spot and my rx got much better and quiet and great dx results and local compared to a99 withhorrible 2017 zero. Sunspots.in my situation needing a no radial vertical the ar 10 beats the imax and a99 for local and dx up 30 feet only grounded to a 8 ft rod beneath tree.1.1 swr aysone rx and equel tx.i hear it i talk it my conclusion? My 18 doller horizontal wire up 36 feet beats everything in fx other than a karge beam up high and my no radial vertical sees any metal one better than any fibo.i have tried them all .over 40 models.big stic a99 and every other halfwave fibo ever made.perssonally the a98 is better than the inax because its smaller and lughter and not much windload.stayed up for 3 years in top a tree with only rope and duct tape.
Huh?????? That made no sense...

Replaced my a99 up about 38 feet in top a oak tree.with no radials on 5 foot of mast with no ground plane kit i did fairly well talked most of the world with 400 watts peak power in 2014 with great cycle 24 conditions.i recently put a aluminum ar 10 ringo in the same spot and my rx got much better and quiet and great dx results and local compared to a99 withhorrible 2017 zero. Sunspots.in my situation needing a no radial vertical the ar 10 beats the imax and a99 for local and dx up 30 feet only grounded to a 8 ft rod beneath tree.1.1 swr aysone rx and equel tx.i hear it i talk it my conclusion? My 18 doller horizontal wire up 36 feet beats everything in fx other than a karge beam up high and my no radial vertical sees any metal one better than any fibo.i have tried them all .over 40 models.big stic a99 and every other halfwave fibo ever made.perssonally the a98 is better than the inax because its smaller and lughter and not much windload.stayed up for 3 years in top a tree with only rope and duct tape.

OK Jethro Bodine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated