• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Are all cobra 29ltd radios like this?

groundwire

Jul 19, 2014
Do all the cobra 29 ltd radios have that smooth turning chanel selector? Almost like a rotary encoder type. They dont seem to have that old school solid click click click.

Bummer. I dont like it. In the mobile its to easy to pass channels without looking. Guess i will still be on the hunt for a gtl. Hard to find one that isnt beat up

Don't rule out the 23 channels for mobile use. How often do you actually go above 20. If I talk above 20 its to talk on 26 or to use SSB. I mainly talk on 26 from my base station setup. I have a 23 channel Cobra 29 that talks great. Got some 23 channel Midlands that sound great too.

I think the Cobra 29 made in China can't compare to the side mic ones. Instead of buying a new one, I would get a Texas Ranger 936 for a few bucks more. It has a real channel selector, adjustable dead key inside, and swings over 30w out of the box. And it comes with the ranger mic.
I highly agree, if you have the room to accommodate it.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I may be wrong but I think the old Cobra 29's you were actually changing the channel. With the new ones you are simply activating a switch that tells a computer chip to switch channels.

Hi all I have a connax 3300 have that has no output I replace the finals and still no output but I do have talkback. Any help would be greatly appreciated

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.