• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Are you a ARRL Member?

I haven't seen QST on newsstands in several years since the ARRL pulled. According to the last word from the ARRL site it was ONLY available through membership in the ARRL. CQ magazine is still on the newsstands. Not that it's worth anything nowadays but it is still available.

....or someone left it there, it is one of those stores with the Starbucks inside with a reading area....

But enough of that...I'm going to my first radio club meeting tonight and see what it is all about. They are holding a testing session in Feb., so I thought I would stop by.....

But enough of that...I'm going to my first radio club meeting tonight and see what it is all about. They are holding a testing session in Feb., so I thought I would stop by.....

10 to 1 says they talk about how to help out with the marathon.

as mentioned by others, i'm basically a member for the magazine. use of the magazine archives on their website has been useful more then a few times. i suppose they provide some benefit, and won't really know what benefit that is unless i ever need them to help me ;) the same as the nra, a longtime member-should've paid for the lifetime membership 35 years ago :)-i don't agree with 100% that they do, but i certainly agree & feel they are somewhat more in tune then the arrl. i enjoy reading american rifleman, but i get more out of qst.
speaking of magazines....regarding to ANY subscription....i understand print media may be slowly dying, but i just cannot read a magazine or newspaper online. i may quickly check an article, but find it more relaxing to sit at the kitchen table or on the couch and flip pages at my leisure without having to move the page around on an ipad or laptop screen. i subscribe to a lot of magazines, and even qst at $39 a year is a bargain because if it was available on newstands, it would probably be $6 an issue or $72 a year. many of the magazines i subscribe to are $5 or $6 an issue, yet many have a yearly subscription rate of between $8-20 per year if you buy 2 or 3 years. my hobbies besides radio include hunting, guns, archery, four wheeling, cars, drag racing, boating...plenty of magazines, if i was to buy 3 issues of several a year, i'd spend more then the subscriptions of 25 that i get....

I've been a member, off and on, for quite a few years. I do not agree with everything the ARRL does, and have found out the hard way that what they say isn't always what happens (their 'services'). There are only two reasons I have a membership currently, the magazine and I'm a VE. I can't honestly say I've found anything interesting in last years QST, and the VE thing has problems. If those problems aren't corrected shortly that'll be the end of my membership. Can't honestly say I'm a happy camper about the ARRL.
- 'Doc

Reactions: 1 person
Am i a member of the ARRL?

Hell no. When i was young and dumb i was but i shortly corrected that. It's just a self serving bunch of geezers (and i'm 58!) that are promoting their own intrests and their own ideals. And QST is a biased bunch of advertisements.

Sorry, just my experience.

Smile and cheers.
N6MYA

I've been a member for several years. The recent fight over BPL convinced me that membership is worth every penny. Since I live in a rural area BPL would have impacted me greatly if it had been implemented.

The ARRL helped snuff out the effort by holding companies and the FCC to the letter of the law concerning interference rules.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?