• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Are you interested in getting started in homebrewing / kit building?

great website. enjoyed the westinghouse film on tubes. i homebrew tube equipment for myself and help with others. anyone wanting to get started in homebrewing tube equipment should watch the short film. I have been using tubes for years and I enjoyed it.

Thank you for the comments. Looking forward to a 2012 with plenty of projects and the smell of solder in the workshop. I will definately keep an eye out for the return of Heathkit radio related kits. In the meantime, I have a neat QRP transceiver kit ordered. Stay tuned to mysite (NJ2X.COM) for a future article regarding the build.

All the best to you and yours in the coming new year.

If you like kits, then try the TenTec 1225 kit. Fun to build and when its done very close to a bird pep meter. I built 1 last christmas for fun, followed the instructions for setting it up using a multi-meter and then had it verified by a local with a Bird 43P. Within a few watts with the Bird.

the Oct. 2012 QST has an article about heathkit , they have filed for bankruptcy again

Last edited:
Thank you for the comments. Looking forward to a 2012 with plenty of projects and the smell of solder in the workshop. I will definately keep an eye out for the return of Heathkit radio related kits. In the meantime, I have a neat QRP transceiver kit ordered. Stay tuned to mysite (NJ2X.COM) for a future article regarding the build.

All the best to you and yours in the coming new year.

a little vid about soldering coax might be a nice addition??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated