• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARF 2001 microphone info wanted

TM86

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2014
Payson, AZ
Going for the longshot. Looking for a schematic for the speech processor board that ARF stuffed inside the base of the D104's they modified. Even a reverse engineered and drawn on lined paper diagram would suffice.

I'm guessing that the microphones themselves have been unobtainium for at least 20 years by this point. A dead one of those would be something to work from, but they're most likely all in landfills scattered around the country by now. Any working ones should be attached to the radio they came with, so I doubt the owner would want to disassemble it just to see what's in it. I'd appreciate it, but the odds are against it.

I've checked the service manual that's available online, nothing there unless I misinterpreted it.

Like I said, longshot. But I figured if anyone had the info, it would be someone from here.

I would like to know more about the mic issue. I have 2 freinds one of them has a 2001 he says he cant use because he doesent have the special mic, the other freind has 2 2001s and he said he used a regular mic with the one that he used.

I would like to know more about the mic issue. I have 2 freinds one of them has a 2001 he says he cant use because he doesent have the special mic, the other freind has 2 2001s and he said he used a regular mic with the one that he used.
Since July I've managed to get my grubby little paws on a schematic for the custom circuit in the ARF specific D104. It's a preamp that uses a single FET and is powered from the radio at 14 volts via pin 4 of the mic connector. According to said schematic, pin 1 is audio, pin 2 is shield (ground), and pin 3 is PTT which gets connected to ground to key the radio.

For testing I'm currently using a Royce hand mic that happened to be wired correctly that I had laying around. It keys and modulates. How good it sounds I can't say, but it does work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated