• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Arizona people?

Chandler , Did they have a big fire there years back ? I know they had one in Prescott . My neighbor had a saw mill & I remember sawing boards from trees that had burn marks . Maybe 15 years ago ? Hey I'm Old Can't Remember !:whistle::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Chandler , Did they have a big fire there years back ? I know they had one in Prescott . My neighbor had a saw mill & I remember sawing boards from trees that had burn marks . Maybe 15 years ago ? Hey I'm Old Can't Remember !

We've had a few in the state, but no wild fires in Chandler. We're a Phoenix suburb in the southeastern part of the Valley of the Sunstroke. While some grasses do grow here there's just not a lot of fuel to sustain a brush fire, and not enough trees for a forest fire. Of course in summer it feels like you're on fire, but that's another story.

In the nearby (80+ miles away) mountains there was the Rodeo-Chediski fire in 2002 that was, well, friggen huge. 17 years ago, but that may the one you're thinking of. Burned portions of several mountain towns and a little under half a million acres of forest and scrub land. Huge plumes of smoke that reminded me of the Lexington fire in CA in 1985.

Reactions: 357magnum
TM86 , Oh I know Phoenix , the first place I visited in the 80's , Hot .... You got that right ! Few years back when in Camp Verde , I was 20 mins from Sedona ( more or less ) I had 117* @ " The clothes Line " :LOL: ! That's what my wife you to say as the thermometer was mounted there , in the shade ! Must say I miss Az ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

Reactions: Tweetybird

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?