• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL 10 Meter Contest Means HF Fun for Technicians, Too!

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
This weekend brings an opportunity for Technician licensees to exercise their HF privileges and have fun at the same time. The ARRL 10 Meter Contest is set to begin at 0000 UTC on Saturday December 13 (this is Friday evening in the US) and runs through 2359 UTC on Sunday, December 14.

More...

Not certain if I should post a reply in this section... but here goes anyway.

If there is any propagation on 10m this Saturday I'll be monitoring 28.420 . If that freq is busy I'll be found 10kc higher or lower. Anyone needing Wyoming for this contest, W.A.S., or any reason; feel free to yodel.
I'm not a paper chaser, but will QSL when requested.

Lex

ok, i'm game too. i'll be on 28.405 (or up 5). if you also collect 10-10 #'s or counties ect. just ask(y).
btw, 10 has been open almost every evening just after local sunset (to the midwest from sw florida) for the last week or so.

Thanks Don.
I was unaware of the 10m openings, been concentrating on 17m. (And 18MHz has been a gamble too.)
My super-amped brother, the OTR trucker, says 11m has been limp as a rag doll. I just assumed that if 11m was hibernating so was 10m.
My 10x number is inactive, but I reckon you keep those for life; so folks can add that as a reason to call. lol/hihi
Lex

08:00 Mountain Time.
ZERO propagation! Nothing heard above 18MHz, and very few of those.
15m, 12m, 11m & 10m all dead for me. Omni directional 'tabula rasa'.
Will monitor, on the hour, throughout the day.
12:20
Partial contact with W7ZS. No one else heard all morningon 10m.
Jumped into a 18.153 net. Folks were popping in/out with flaky propagation (skip) there too.
wy0mn/7, QRT.

Last edited:
Unfortunately is zip down in Dixie too. 10 meters is a great band
interview.gif

Yeah, the band was quiet around here also. There was someone jumping around the frequencies calling 'CQ Contest, This is radio Italy' but nobody took the bait... :love:

Better news! Very decent propagation Sunday morning. From Dixie have worked up straight north and to the midwest including out to Nebraska. Have worked around 25 stations.

interview.gif

Heard guys contesting on 28.400 and 410, not the best but better than nothing. I worked short dx into ok and ark. on 11 meters.

i CATCH PEOPLE UP ON 28.400.00 quite a bit I use to talk to a couple of other operators there often but its really been quiet lately I pretty much here tons of people on 27.385.00 as far as 11 meters otherwise theres always someone to shoot the breeze with on 75-80 meters meters I talk on 3.842.00 3.843.00 3.845.00 at night and durrng day hours 3.898.00. 3.913.00 .

I wish 11 would really open up so I can here some of the regulars again man some of them boys cracked me up. There was always a group from New York that would join us at night those guys were funny as hell man o man Ide laugh let me tell ya. Well pretty soon everything should open I hope anyways.

I have been getting horrible static on all bands lately just on the border of where I cant handle it anymore On 75-80 Ide get as much as 9 S-units and would have to mess with the DSP to get rid of enough where I could actually tolerate operating LOL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.