• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL 10 Meter contest

Band was bad yesterday, and today. I'm in central California and I'm hearing Florida although, even that is dropping out. South America is starting to come in. K4XS in Florida said he only had a few contacts in Europe this morning (his time).

It's a rough one for ARRL 10. I may mow the lawn and rake some leaves instead. It's 9:05AM PST here now.

Update:
A few contacts today were in Florida, Alaska, French Guiana, and Argentina. This was over six hours, as I ran some errands, and did some yard work. Overall, it was pretty dead. I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

Last edited:
I turned on, spun the Moxon round a couple of times, heard very little and closed down. Complete contrast to the CQ-WW-SSB where I did a 10m band entry and almost got my DXCC and WAZ in a weekend.

First activity I have heard in two weeks on 10 is the contest.

I don't get to interested in contests personally, however hearing the contesters exchange numbers has dragged a few of us non-contesters back to 10 today.

Saturday was a washout on the east coast. Sunday afternoon not bad to the south and west. Lots of South America and worked a few South Africa stations.

Worked a few VK's and ZL's gray line but that didn't last too long.

All CW.

de NB3R.

During some of the other recent HF contests I had competing family obligations that limited my contest time.

So for the 10m contest I had cleared the deck and could spend as much time as I wanted. Naturally Murphy choked propagation and made for poor conditions. Signals briefly coming up above the noise level and then dropping back out. You had to be quick or the chance for a contact was gone.

With the band conditions I did not spend very much time but I was on each day. I made only 111 QSO's with 38 multipliers. Not at all what I was expecting. Running 100 watts into a ground mounted vertical keeps it challenging.

Best DX contact was Cape Verde. I have a QSL for there on 20m but 10m will be a new one. I had really hoped to knock out a few all time new countries. But this is what makes HF challenging as there aren't any guarantees.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated