• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL DX CW Contest

928bolo

Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2008
www.nb3r.com
My buddy Jon and I operated as NJ3I in the Multi-two (multiple operator, two radio), high power, assisted (spotting network allowed) category.

Conditions not great but not bad.
10 meters was open briefly on Saturday and Sunday to the entire world.
15 meters was good to all parts of the world during daylight hours.
40 meters was good to all parts of the world. Was viable on the East Coast at starting 3:30 pm local time.
80 meters was good to all parts of the world. Especially on Friday night/Saturday morning.
160 meters was pretty good but nothing out of the ordinary (EU, SA, Caribbean)

QSO rates were steady except late Saturday night /Sunday morning. Seems all the single ops went to bed and only the multi op stations were on. Very slow going.

We improved our score by 700,000 points compared to last year. Our total QSOs were about the same but our mult total was 416 compared to 329 in 2021. We had fewer Qs on 80 and 160 than 2021 but many more Qs and mults on 10 and 15 meters. The addition of the second tower with the DX Engineering Skyhawk tri-bander really paid off.

DX highlights for the contest were:
  • Fiji
  • Tunisia
  • 4U1UN United Nations Headquarters (on 40m, and 15m)
  • Japan many times (working JAs never gets old)
  • Malta
  • St Helena Island (South Atlantic)
  • Cape Verde Island
  • Kenya
  • Asiatic Russia
  • Kuwait
  • India
  • Australia many times
  • New Zealand many times
  • Philippines

Overall good fun.

ARRLDXCW2022.PNG