• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL Field Day.

EDUK8TR

Are any of you going to participate in the ARRL Field Day which starts at 2PM EST/1800 UTC? I'm going to be participating from a club EOC, W4COV. We're gonna fireup the emergency generator for our EOC and run from that. This will be my first field day so I'm sure it will be a fun learning experience.

73's

Wayne C.

Plan on going to the clubhouse . Will be using the club call W3VPJ. They just purchased a Kenwood TS-2000. I hope to give it a test run :)

As expected I had a great time with the limited amount of time I spent on the air. I stayed on 20m and worked from 2-4pm EST and 8:30-11:00PM EST Saturday. The other stations at the EOC worked digital, cw and 40m. I was surprised that when 10m was open the lack of participation there. I really enjoyed using some different equipment. I used a Yaesu FT-920 into a four element tribander beam. Needless to say I kept the beam constantly turning making contacts. I hope everyone else that had time to participate had as good a time as I did.

73's

Wayne C.

field day

our field day was at one of the county parks we used our club call of w8eoc we had no power so we had generators we had 3 towers set up one with a beam one loaded to make a 40 meter antenna and one with all of our vhf / uhf antenas we also had some dipoles and a full wave loop for 160 meters. i worked phone on 40,80,20,10,6,and 2 meters i stayed at field day the whole time and had a lot of fun. 73 hope to hear you on the air - Dustin KD8EPC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.