• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL Inter'nl SSB DX Contest

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
Phone (SSB): First full weekend in March (March 7-8, 2020).

Contest Period: 48 hours

Starts: 0000 UTC Saturday;(FRIDAY 7:00 PM EDT) ends 2359 UTC Sunday. (SUNDAY 8:00 PM EDST)

Objective: To encourage W/VE stations to expand knowledge of DX propagation on the HF and MF bands, improve operating skills, and improve station capability by creating a competition in which DX stations may only contact W/VE stations.

W/VE amateurs: Work as many DX stations in as many DXCC entities as possible on the 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10-meter bands.

DX stations: Work as many W/VE stations in as many of the 48 contiguous states and provinces as possible.

Contest Exchange:

W/VE stations send signal report and state or province.

DX stations send signal report and power (number or abbreviation indicating approximate transmitter output power).

http://www.arrl.org/arrl-dx

Should be lots of activity, even with poor conditions.
Look for the most on 20m (daytime)
40 meters (night time)

All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

I'll be operating from W8PR 7:00 PM till ????:sleep: (Fri & Sat night graveyard shifts) hope to hear from you "IN the AIR":ROFLMAO:

I don't do contest myself but I do like to tune them in and listen. I get to check out conditions. I have answered a few contest callers that are nice and clear to pick up. Logged Grand Cayman Islands yesterday. Also logged Hawaii. Boise Idaho with Yeasu 450D at 100 watts with a home-brew 40 meter elevated quarterwave vertical and thee counterpoise.

Reactions: Riverman
ARRL International DX Contest Report 2020

The contest continues but I thought some of you may find this at least remotely interesting.
BAND CONDITIONS: 40/80 METER BANDS were much better Friday night than Saturday MHO.
The 20-meter band was the "godsend" for the majority of contacts, though 15 and 10 meters did show some activity on Saturday during the Daylight hours and was continuing to a lesser extent on Sunday.
First off, I am NOT a seasoned contester, my experience is still in the "developmental" learning range. This being only being my 5 or 6th contest with this Fine team of operators.
That being said, I reached and exceeded my personal best night as a solo operator.
This involves not only running the radio but also includes running the "real-time" logging computer and the manipulation of a "HUGE variety of transmitting and receiving antennas.
This is my personal operation report starting at 7:30 EST on Friday evening on 3.6.2020 (Saturday 3.7.2020 UTC).
I operated a total of 10 hours during the shift of 12 hours. (2 hours early Saturday morning ALL the BANDS CRASHED). I stuck it out till my relief operator arrived at about 7:00 AM EST Saturday morning.

250 Contacts
135 multipliers worked (this is a total of all Countries worked on all bands)
Countries worked on Each Band were as follows:
160 meters - 7
80 meters - 40 (including my FIRST ever JAPAN:ROFLMAO: on that band!) from OHIO
40 meters - 60 ( it was Rocking! included were several Africa, OMAN, Turkey, Japan, all over Europe and Russia, etc. What a blast!
20 meters - 31 ( it opened right at Sunrise crazy into Europe!:ROFLMAO:)
TOTAL POINTS SCORED:

This was my best effort!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now it should be noted:
One of the "Seasoned" Operators on Saturday Daytime from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Worked:

450 contacts:eek:
Added 95 more countries
315,425 total points were added:LOL:

I could turn this into a Novel but will slow here some.:LOL:
When I left to make my 90-minute drive home this Sunday morning at around Noon, the Team was nearing
1,000,000 Total points/1100+ contacts with many hours left in the contest:ROFLMAO:
When results are done I will post!
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.