• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL June VHF Contest Starts Today 6.8.19

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
Fun for all license levels!
The second full weekend in June. Begins 1800 UTC Saturday, runs through 0259 UTC Monday (June 8-10, 2019).
All authorized frequencies above 50 MHz (6 Meters).

Objective: To work as many amateur stations in as many different 2 degrees by 1 degree grid squares as possible using authorized frequencies above 50 MHz. Foreign stations work W/VE amateurs only.

All legal modes are permitted (while CW and SSB/Phone are most common, MSK144, FT8 and,
FM-Only are gaining popularity

Exchange: Maidenhead grid-square locator (see www.arrl.org/grid-squares)

4.1. Exchange of signal report is optional.

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Contest Forms/JuneVHFForm2018v1.pdf

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Contest Forms/vuelog.pdf

Hope to Hear many on the Band
All the Best
Gary / W9FNB / EM79 / IND

http://wb9kmw.com/WB9KMW/images/US_grid_square_map.jpg

Reactions: binrat

CONTEST STARTS"
2:00 PM EDST
1:00 PM CDST
11:00 AM PACIFIC

Had a Great opening this morning EAST of Mississippi River to New England area and TX/Miss/Lou...
Lets hope the E-Cloud covers all of N. America to Everywhere!!!
Come-on Double Hop+++ and beyond:love::ROFLMAO:
Good Luck to ALL
Most Important HAVE FUN!(y)

It should be noted when open the Signals have been strong.
Many stations the last few days worked on INDOOR DIPOLES...Verticals...Mobiles...etc.
So JUMP-IN...Lets here from ya!

I monitor the Cluster looking for New Grid Squares or Countries.I quit contesting a long time ago.I do have Three 1st Place Low Power Award Certificates on my wall (2 on 50 MHZ & 1 on 144 MHZ) & a 2nd in the World on 50 MHZ as well under my old call sign but I burned out on it very quickly kind of like Digital Modes.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
I monitor the Cluster looking for New Grid Squares or Countries.I quit contesting a long time ago.I do have Three 1st Place Low Power Award Certificates on my wall (2 on 50 MHZ & 1 on 144 MHZ) & a 2nd in the World on 50 MHZ as well under my old call sign but I burned out on it very quickly kind of like Digital Modes.

SIX-SHOOTER

Yeah contesting is not for me and I will never partake in one to be competitive. It is however a good time to pick up some new grids and I am basically a hunt and pounce operator that way. I just need to get some antennas up. I took my rotator plate to work today to drill the holes for mounting my rotator as well as making the centre hole larger to accommodate my mast as the mast must be jacked up to mount all the antennas and thus the rotator must be removed to allow it to be fully retracted down inside the tower when starting to mount antennas. The plan is to mount all antennas and then slip the rotator in and drop the mast into it. I just need to be able to get up the tower several times starting soon I hope however the knee has been giving me some serious grief the last couple days with a horrendous snapping and cracking like never before. Been to the orthopaedic surgeon a week or so ago and he has approved me for total knee replacement surgery so it's just a matter of time. It could be up to a year but I think it will be much less than that given what is going on inside it. Hopefully it will not interfere with either of two planned trips this summer and fall and I can get my antennas up before the surgery grounds me for several months.

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
Yeah contesting is not for me and I will never partake in one to be competitive. It is however a good time to pick up some new grids and I am basically a hunt and pounce operator that way. I just need to get some antennas up. I took my rotator plate to work today to drill the holes for mounting my rotator as well as making the centre hole larger to accommodate my mast as the mast must be jacked up to mount all the antennas and thus the rotator must be removed to allow it to be fully retracted down inside the tower when starting to mount antennas. The plan is to mount all antennas and then slip the rotator in and drop the mast into it. I just need to be able to get up the tower several times starting soon I hope however the knee has been giving me some serious grief the last couple days with a horrendous snapping and cracking like never before. Been to the orthopaedic surgeon a week or so ago and he has approved me for total knee replacement surgery so it's just a matter of time. It could be up to a year but I think it will be much less than that given what is going on inside it. Hopefully it will not interfere with either of two planned trips this summer and fall and I can get my antennas up before the surgery grounds me for several months.

I feel your knee pain.I have had knee surgery three times & so far no replacements.I had my antennas installed on my tower by the same method & I have a bad feed line or some issue on my very top antenna now of course so getting to it requires removing three other yagi antennas or at least a couple of them so it may be removed so I can check it. It is a Cushcraft 215WB & I have another one that I plan upon putting up for FM work as well as an 8 Element Cubex Quad for 2 meter SSB.so I may just leave the bad 215WB where it is & install the other two antennas where my 2 meter 440 beam currently is now. I also have a brand new PAR OA-144 & OA-432 that I need mounted on the side of a leg of my tower for 2 meter SSB & 432 SSB. I am antenna poor already & my next purchase will be a set of Eggbeater antennas for Satellite work & that should be pretty soon. No tower needed for those sing height is not an issue for them.

SIX-SHOOTER

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
CK an SK praying for those knees. 73's.

Thanks. Just started four days off today and might make another antenna mount for the truck so I can possibly operate mobile on 6m this summer. I can switch it out to a 10/11m antenna for my road trip to Newfoundland this summer. I already have one for 2m/70cm. I just need to make another one for HF/6m.

20190503_165902.jpg

Reactions: BJ radionut

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated