• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ask first!

Loosen the two screws at the cord side and then see if you can pull on the plastic edge that sticks up a bit where the end touches the metal and see if it moves at all, also try twisting it to see if there is any movement.

Worst case scenario would be you break the wires from the connection but you should still be able to figure it out.

I've run into some old plugs that didn't have the set screw I seem to remember they just were held in place by tension but it's been such a long time I can't quite remember and I know I threw them out and replaced them.

Loosen the two screws at the cord side and then see if you can pull on the plastic edge that sticks up a bit where the end touches the metal and see if it moves at all, also try twisting it to see if there is any movement.

Worst case scenario would be you break the wires from the connection but you should still be able to figure it out.

I've run into some old plugs that didn't have the set screw I seem to remember they just were held in place by tension but it's been such a long time I can't quite remember and I know I threw them out and replaced them.
Big Kahuna- Yup, already tried that, and, yeah, loosens up some. Tied twisting, pulling, even tried getting my knife blade under the plastic and prying, but GENTLY. Hence the thread title........that, and the old saw "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I know there is a way to do it, just wanted to stay away from pliers, vice grips, anda torch until I really had to. This is my go to mic, and I'm trying to get another turner wired the same but having problems, so wanted to verify plug wiring on known good.

Remove the two screws clamping the cord, then unscrew the black part making sure to rotate the cord itself as you rotate the black part to avoid breaking the wires.
Rabbiporkchop, yeah think that is going to be the way...tried this before, but it was hard to grab the plastic and didn't want to use pliers. Think maybe if I put it in a radio plug and twisted, that might work. Kinda too stupid, but somebody put it together, it ain't PFM. Yeah, been to cb tricks,etc. The object with known good is to compare, some people who wire mics are colorblind, etc. The object of the exercise is disassembly, not destruction. Where's Forrest when I need him?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.