• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic 575 M6 mic?

I think I saw somewhere that it was a supply cost issue for the way the element was made. Not profitable enough to keep making them.

you must have never used one or owned one before. Why do most big companies discontnue and no longer sale a certain product?

Cotton Mouth.

Why do most big companies discontnue and no longer sale a certain product?

Cotton Mouth.[/QUOTE]

Exactly WHY?

What's really odd to me is that there is nobody making a traditional, large body hand mic with full frequency response. There is a market there with CB and ham users for sure.

The 575 M6 was pretty close to ideal.

About the only mics that have high quality full range sound for mobile use are the Heil handi mics and the design of them is something that you'll either love or hate....and I really don't like them myself. They just feel wrong.

I'm actually surprised that Heil never made a teardrop style mobile hand mic with the 5 element in it.

The 575 M6 is indeed a Great mike.

My guess as with many Excellent items is that it was discontinued simply because of it having been made so long (becoming dated in its looks) and or that it became to expensive to continue making for the dollar amount it was selling for.

As far as Heil mikes
Many people Praise them
However at this point if someone gave me one i would simply through it out.
I know the mike that came with my 706 MKIIG and IC7000 uses a Heil element
(but Heil made the element to meet Icoms specs and i am sure Icom made sure quality control was maintained well)

However in space of 3 weeks two Brand New Heil mikes i had died ( i bought both of them) and even though the owner of Heil offered to replace the mikes.. i want nothing to do with a manufacture who makes a supposed high end mikes that crap out in under 2 weeks

The 575 M6 is indeed a Great mike.

My guess as with many Excellent items is that it was discontinued simply because of it having been made so long (becoming dated in its looks) and or that it became to expensive to continue making for the dollar amount it was selling for.

I agree with you that makes good business sense. If Astatic decides to reintroduce the 575 M6 I will one of the first to buy two of them.(y)

Pry mine from my cold dead hand ....
I've looked at it lately and thought gee why didn't I sell that with the 2970 ??
And then I just grin ..
No othe mic makes me sound right ...
I'm keeping my eyes open now just for a spareStill I can't believe what people think any mic is worth ..150$ ...???....get a grip.... it better come with a radio attached for that ...

I think Astatic as been sold severaltimes here in the past few years. When the 575 was made I think we all took it for granted and everyone that wanted one had one. Then the new owners of Astatic see that maybe it was an expensive mic to make and sales at that point were average to slow. So out the door it goes. Now 6 years later the demand is high again, kinda like the Uniden Grant xl radio.

Reactions: walterjn
Are the new ones any good

I found a place that is selling these for $49.00 Shows
Astatic 575-M6. Bran new in a Red While and Blue package. Is this the real thing or a re-make that will not perform as wall as the original? Anyone know? :cry:

Thanks,
Gage

Sorry

My link was bad but the name is right.

Halcon Electronics
12912 PARAMOUNT BLVD
DOWNEY, CA 90242
Phone: (562) 861-9656

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.