• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic 575-M6 Problem

rachet_jaw

Oct 8, 2005
mooresville, NC
Mic will not key up, Changed battery and noticed the power connection for battery is pulled off the board. Could this be my culprit?

Its a 6 pin, hooked to a President Jackson.

Any suggestions?

73 :wow

it should still key up even if the battery came off the board as far as I know .....6 wire Jackson huh ? Hmmm .....whatever the case may be ? .....put the wires back on the mic's board ...it keys up ? ....it keys up (-: .....if not ? the battery needs to be to the board all the same , open the mic plug and check to see if all the wires are soldered firmly with no frays ....you could have a wire or two that came undone from the plug itself .....check the mic cord going into the mic's board as well to make sure they are solid soldered as well. `It's a good mic and very much so fixable. Good Luck to you. Switch Kit

switch kit is correct, the jackson is a 3 wire radio which would require 4 wires in the 575 to be used, it should still key without the battery connected as it only powers the mic amp, the battery is switched through the ptt switch but on different set of contacts to the keying circuit, i have seen 2 different types of swich in the 575 and the larger of the two are known to go faulty if they have had lots of use, i would check the cable with a multimeter, if you have a broken wire you can swap it with the redundant rx wire inside the mic and at the plug to get you up and running again

yeap ! they changed the whole board in them mics after a while along with those tiny little ptt's (-: can't say I ever had a problem with a 576 ......ran one of those mic's off and on for 15 years .....great on both AM/SSB .....Heavy mic's and do not take well at being dropped )-: ......

I bet I dropped mine 40 or 50 times, from about 3 feet to concrete. the screens has fallen off, the switch housing has been knocked crooked, but simple repairs and its always come back for more. Until someone offered me 50 bucks for it.

Hope Every1 had a Great Turkey Day!!!

Appreciate it guys!!! Fond the wiring diagram for a 6 pin Jackson at this site , great little menu, select just the radio and / or the type of mic and get a sweet diagram.

http://www.electronics.radiouk.com/tronix/radio/mics.php

Just thought I would share it, as the only thing I was able to find was the 4 pin Jackson Diagram around, and its not the same as an RCI.

But, problem solved, file 13 for the 575 and replaced with a brand new 636L.

Now, does anyone know anything about the D 104 Desk Mic that is non- amplified? Are they good? Can the amp circuit be added easily?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.