1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

astatic 600 meters are they any good

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by radioreddz, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

You really like them meters...

2. psycho

psycho Running a special on our rooms!

Dosy Professional Architecture Meters?????????? Did I just enter the twilight zone??? I wonder what the difference between Architecture watts and Bird watts really is.........maybe my back porch is doing more watts than my front hallway.

#17 psycho, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. 76Q

76Q Member

Huh? are you trying to be funny?

Huh? are you trying to be funny?
    the Bird thruline is not unlike other meters in the way they read and what components they use, as a matter of fact the Bird uses much less components than most SWR meters, the difference is in the Bird Architecture, with a straight line section and directional coupling circuit that rotates. Its higher cost is due to its materials, calibration and ratings allowing them to be suitable for use at higher power levels. Other wise the fundamental detection circuit design is very generic. Lay off the high horse and get some education rather than criticising without basis.

BTW, the Dosy professional architecture is what makes these meters so maintainable and with a professional feel to them in the switchgear and movement quality, and dial printing, so much so that those in the know still buy used ones up ones on the bay, some over 20 years old. The textbook architecture i have not looked at yet, but I am guessing that they are not built to the same modularity as the single meter models such as the TC4001/2, et. al.

4. RichardHartman

Just curious why does the

Aries HP-5000 SWR/PWR meter
    Have a separate setting for SSB

5. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

Some of the Dosy meters do as well.

RichardHartman likes this.
  6. RichardHartman

I was looking for a manual online but haven't found one yet for the Aries HP-5000. The SSB switch is with the Avg/Pk/Ssb switch so I don't think its for ssb modulation. Does anyone know what the difference would be from peak to ssb?