• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic D104M6B

I used to use the jacket from an older junked mic cord, cut to about 1" length or so, to make a strain relief for those thin Astatic cords..
Im certainly not a fan of the thin cords but its not too tough to pull the plug and build up the cord diameter. I don't understand why one would make a cord that doesn't fit the connectors.

Does anyone know where to get this switch now days?

I now find myself needing one of these new switches for an older D104M6B. The guy on the bay isn't selling them anymore, at least he's not posting any ads.

Does anyone know where I would be able to get one of these switches now days?

The deox-it treatment lasts about 1 day before it goes awry. I took the switch apart now and have pretty much destroyed it so a new switch is the ticket for me.
Thanks.

If you get in a bind, let me know. I may very well be able to help. I have a mess of the newer type mics that came to me in mic lots over the years.

If you get in a bind, let me know. I may very well be able to help. I have a mess of the newer type mics that came to me in mic lots over the years.

Complete board with the element at r&r is $20 plus the ride so figure $30 to your door. Gotta call to order.

Thanks for the help guys. I have one more of these old ones and 1 new one so I really don't need to get into this too heavy. This one is a little beat up and someone painted part of the cord as well.
I will keep an eye out and if a switch comes up in the future I may try that route.
I really have more mics than I can usr at one time, but I do like what I have to be functional :)

Thanks again for the suggestions, well appreciated.

Reactions: Slowmover and Tokin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.