• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic echo max 2000 4 pin plug

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
Hi, well i got my echomax 2000 wiring figured out, come to find out the coerd that came with it is not making a very good tight connection, so i am in the market for the 4 pin microphone plug the whole plug that has the 4 pin plug on it that i just clip into the back of the mic that has that odd looking telephone jack.

Thanks,Dan

I'm not sure I understand. Does your mic have an RJ-45 connector on it? If so, why not just cut that off and wire up a standard 4 pin mic plug? Or am I not understanding the problem?

no what it is, is that the plug that comes stock with this mic has 2 ends, one end plugs into the back of the mic, that end has a telephone plug on it and the other end that plugs into the radio has the 4 pin mic pin on it, what it is is that the end that plugs into the back on the mic is not making good contact at all so i am looking to see if anyone has a 4 pin mic wire with both ends on it to buy it from them.

Dan

Over time the contacts in the mic jack get bent inward from having the cord connected/disconnected from the base. If you have a small instrument (like a curved dentist pick) you can carefully bend the contacts outward towards the rear of the base so the plug makes better contact when inserted into the jack. If the plug isn't seating because the locking tab is broken off: Carefully cut the old tab flush with the body of the plug using an x-acto knife. Then cut a good tab off an old phone cord and super glue it onto the plug on your mic cord. Make sure the glue is dry before you plug the cord in! ;)

so bend the contacts outward on the plug thats on the mic itself,right?

I'm talking about the contacts inside the jack on the back of the mic base - where you plug the mic cord in. After the cord has has been plugged in a few times the contacts get pushed inward and don't make a good contact. You need to pull them back out a bit so you have a firm, solid connection between the jack and plug contacts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.