• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ASTATIC GOLDEN EAGLE D-104

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
Hello,
I was not sure where to post this question. I have an Aststic golden eagle D-104 and was wondering if anyone would happen to know what company Astatic used to do the gold plating on their microphones? I was trying to use a micro cloth to take out some of the scratches. And by mistake took off some of the gold finish and would like to have the microphone replated or however astatic had them done. There is no info on how it was done. Or I could not find it anyway. Thanks,

It's real gold plate. Extremely thin. You need to completely disassemble the mic, take all the parts to a local plate'r or jeweler that does gold plating. It's not going to be cheap. But if you have it done say 3 times thicker than factory you will have the nicest d104 golden eagle around.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.