• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic Silver Eagle TUG-8 Base

???
Somebody must have added that switch. Some people put an external switch on these mics to turn off the battery, or a roger beep, or ???.

From unamplified to amplified?
Doubtful.

Haven't you checked it out on a radio yet and found out its function?
Pictures would help.
I'm pretty sure that this is not a stock switch - that is for sure.

Best AM mic around; decent on SSB as well...

well after a few hours I found out that someone installed the toggle switch to go from amplified to stock audio. I had to go over all the soldering to make sure there were no cold joints. After I reconnected the battery I found that I have a great non amplified audio with the switch in one direction and the D104 amplified audio when I switched the other direction. Someone did a nice mod on this mic and it's working great in my 2950. The non amplified sound is great for SSB (can't wait to try it on 10 meters).

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.