• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic T-UP9 mic base to non amplified?

Tokin

The Man With No Shoes
Oct 31, 2019
SandBox
Ive searched a lot and have found no info on anyone converting a T-UP9 mic base to non amplified except for one vid. Rooster had one for sale but showed nothing but the mic.
So ive started the conversion and ive got the mechanical part solved but will need help with the wiring. If you are good at wiring Astatic T-UP9 mic base please feel free to message me here. My soldering skills arent good enough to not burn up non replaceable parts. 20200830_154557.jpg
Thanks folks

There are two wires coming down the mast from the head of the mike. One of them is ground, the other one is the 'hot' side feeding into the preamp circuit. One is green, the other one yellow. Can never remember which one is the hot side.

Unsolder this wire from the pc board.

Should be a white wire from the switch deck to a hole in the pc board. Unsolder it from the pc board. Lap-solder the ends of these two wires together, and insulate the splice. Should get you a straight mike.

There are two wires coming down the mast from the head of the mike. One of them is ground, the other one is the 'hot' side feeding into the preamp circuit. One is green, the other one yellow. Can never remember which one is the hot side.

Unsolder this wire from the pc board.

Should be a white wire from the switch deck to a hole in the pc board. Unsolder it from the pc board. Lap-solder the ends of these two wires together, and insulate the splice. Should get you a straight mike.

Thank you sir!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.