• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ASYMOD

He"s selling it as a gimmicky super modulation. But the audio should be fairly flat and I bet it sound excellent..but I never heard one.
Great idea to sell it as a package. I'm sure I would have bought one 20 years ago if it was available. Beats the hell out of all the hv modulation xfmrs over the years.
Mustang. You know my situation. Buying a "plug and play" off the shelf " HiFi" transceiver, is ideal from someone like myself who cannot due to disability, and lack of knowledge build my own. From the YouTube clips I've seen it's not all that difficult to
direct inject/ wideband a transceiver. That's if you have the physical dexterity, and a basic understanding of communications equipment, and how they work. I have neither. For myself buying a Stryker 955 ready to go Asymod is really a no-brainer. I'm not saying I will be buying one, but if I decide to go the "HiFi" route it will most likely will be the (955) Asymod I buy. I already own a Beringer 802, and Shure sm58. If one or both of those items aren't sufficient to be used in concert with the Asymod 955, I'll purchase the Beringer suggested by the Asymod website. Or ask what will work the best by members here. Mike's YouTube clip on the Asymod 955 although critical of the (Asymod) builder for stealing MMM's design, did state that it (the Asymod styker 955) will absolutely do what it was built to do. 73

Reactions: LeapFrog
Mustang. You know my situation. Buying a "plug and play" off the shelf " HiFi" transceiver, is ideal from someone like myself who cannot due to disability, and lack of knowledge build my own. From the YouTube clips I've seen it's not all that difficult to
direct inject/ wideband a transceiver. That's if you have the physical dexterity, and a basic understanding of communications equipment, and how they work. I have neither. For myself buying a Stryker 955 ready to go Asymod is really a no-brainer. I'm not saying I will be buying one, but if I decide to go the "HiFi" route it will most likely will be the (955) Asymod I buy. I already own a Beringer 802, and Shure sm58. If one or both of those items aren't sufficient to be used in concert with the Asymod 955, I'll purchase the Beringer suggested by the Asymod website. Or ask what will work the best by members here. Mike's YouTube clip on the Asymod 955 although critical of the (Asymod) builder for stealing MMM's design, did state that it (the Asymod styker 955) will absolutely do what it was built to do. 73
Let us know how it works! I'm sure you could get someone to put in MMM's box..but why if you can just buy a Assymod?

Reactions: dave457 and Sonar
Let us know how it works! I'm sure you could get someone to put in MMM's box..but why if you can just buy a Assymod?
I know how many excellent mobile CB's that are out there.
I've never liked the idea of using a mobile as a base.
But even without the Asymod "HiFi" module installed it looks like a really nice transciver.
Asymod offers the galexy 959 for about $150 cheaper, but the Stryker looks soooo much more interesting. I won't say better because there might be a better performing Mobil transciver on the market. Of course I still need to get my new IMAX 2000 up, but after I'm back on the air I will be purchasing
the Asymod Stryker 955. If someone can talk me out of it before I purchase it I hope they come up with valid reasons and suggestions for a better way to go "HiFi". I asked the Asymod guy about installing his latest (Asymod lll) module in my Madison. He quoted me a price of $440. I would actually like to do that as opposed to buying the 955, but I'm afraid that once he gets the Madison he's going to give me a song and dance about all sorts of other things that need to be done to my Madison before he installs his newest module. My Madison is currently in 100% working condition I don't want to go through the hassle of hearing some guy telling me that my Madison needs work. I haven't bought a new piece of equipment in quite some time. And I've never owned an export mobile (or base station for that matter.) As I mentioned above if I were to buy a mobile export it most likely would be the Stryker 955. Regardless of the fact that it has a "hi-fi"module installed in it. I've never heard a Stryker 955 on air before or at least I haven't been told that someone was using one while I was having a qso with them. I would assume that even without the Hi-Fi module it's a good sounding SSB transceiver. I certainly like the look of it as opposed to any of the Galaxy, ect ect exports. I'm hoping to set up a date with Chris sometime in September so that he can stop by and begin the process of getting my antenna back up. I've been feeling well as of late, and apparently caught the CB radio bug once again. I occasionally lift up the cover that's covering my station, and think how nice it would be to be able to fire it up. Thanks mustang 73

(I sat down with a fresh cup of coffee to await the news back in August. It’s evaporated away.)

Sonar, I pushed the button labeled “Is a sucker born every minute: yea or nay?” , and this thread came up about the Asymod.

Does it, or doesn’t it? (work as you’d hoped?)

I’ll brew another pot.

(I sat down with a fresh cup of coffee to await the news back in August. It’s evaporated away.)

Sonar, I pushed the button labeled “Is a sucker born every minute: yea or nay?” , and this thread came up about the Asymod.

Does it, or doesn’t it? (work as you’d hoped?)

I’ll brew another pot.

For what its worth the locals can't tell the difference between my uniden pc78xl with an asymod board and RM Italy kl7505 amp vs my anan sdr. Same audio chain is used on all of my rigs. How well it works is up to the operator.

I was skeptical until I tried a homemade motor mouth maul mauldulator copy that a friend made. When I emailed John to buy one he didn't have any for sale. I bought a couple of the old asymod boards right before the single voltage unit came out and the price dropped on the old ones.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.