• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

audio in neighbors top of the line surround sound

He has a Denon surround sound,So its not your cheap run of the mill surround sound set up.No interference on the tv even at the 600 watts my ameritron al80b produces.Didnt have a problem one with my I-10k ground plane.Put up a jo gunn 6+6 star series and cant even be in the vicinity of his direction with any more than a 100 watts or my audio goes right through his system.Put chokes on the wires and didnt help.Any ideas?My antenna is on a freestanding 50 foot crank up and about 8 feet of mast.Match is 1.2 48 ohms on the flat and 1.3 50 ohms on the vertical.Tuned flat with my MFJ 986.It'll go flat on my anylizer,just got tired of messing with it.

Maybe this will help. By the way I solved a problem with my 6m antenna. I had TVI in my TV. I found that the choke on the antenna didn't solve the problem . It only worked when I coiled the TV cable where it connects to the TV did it go away. But here is a write up in the ARRL labs-

ARRLWeb: EMI: Audio

That audio equipment may be 'top of the line' as far as audio goes, but it isn't as far as interference is concerned, very few are.
The only thing I would suggest is the standard 'set' of interference 'cures'. Non-'intrusive' fixes are sort of okay for you to try (with explicit permission), but any 'intrusive' type fix, in-line filters of some sort, should be left strictly up to your neighbor. That's one of those 'liability' things, you really don't wanna 'go there'. You might also try one (or a few) of those chokes on the power line to his equipment, that's another 'point of entry'.
- 'Doc

(That "explicit permission" and intrusive/non-intrusive stuff sort of depends on how well you get along with your neighbor, and his/her attitude to start with. You really don't wanna know how nasty that can get.)

He's my friend and an awesome enough neighbor that I found out through my other neighbor cause he was over there and knew what was happening and let me know.He knows how much I enjoy my radios and didnt want to interfere.He now lets me know when he is going to be gone now or not using his system.If skips in ,I call him and see if its okay.Couldnt ask for more than that.Except to possibly solve the problem.Ive already looked at the filter from industrial comm engineering Model#461 and am going to try it,which is exactly what that arrl section that sonwatcher posted for me to read said to try.Hope the $50+ aint wasted.

Thanx for the input you guys and and am all ears for more input.
My # is below if youd like to call instead(San-Diego)

Isn't that Jo-Gunn antenna you're using a type of yagi? How are you feeding the antenna? A yagi is a balanced antenna, so you need some type of balun at the feedpoint to prevent common mode current. Common mode current will get you in trouble with RFI.

He has a Denon surround sound,So its not your cheap run of the mill surround sound set up.No interference on the tv even at the 600 watts my ameritron al80b produces.Didnt have a problem one with my I-10k ground plane.Put up a jo gunn 6+6 star series and cant even be in the vicinity of his direction with any more than a 100 watts or my audio goes right through his system.Put chokes on the wires and didnt help.Any ideas?My antenna is on a freestanding 50 foot crank up and about 8 feet of mast.Match is 1.2 48 ohms on the flat and 1.3 50 ohms on the vertical.Tuned flat with my MFJ 986.It'll go flat on my anylizer,just got tired of messing with it.

Try this before you spend any money.

BUILD AN AIR WOUND 1:1 CHOKE BALUN FOR HF - THE UGLY BALUN!

Isn't that Jo-Gunn antenna you're using a type of yagi? How are you feeding the antenna? A yagi is a balanced antenna, so you need some type of balun at the feedpoint to prevent common mode current. Common mode current will get you in trouble with RFI.

A yagi is a balanced antenna only if it is built as such with the proper feed connection. Either direct feed, beta match, folded dipole, or Tee match is balanced. A Gamma match fed yagi is not a balanced antenna.

Mudduck,
Although Im gonna do that mudduck,I dont think thats the problem cause Im fine until Im shooting in his direction.

Moleculo,
Its got a sliding gamma (1 inside the other)that attatches to one of the elements.1 tube slides in the other.1 for vert. and 1 for flat.Dual fed with lmr uf400.Split with conductor to gammas and shield to the element.

It could be just pick up on his speaker wires, try a .01 cap from each speaker terminal to chassis ground at the audio amplifier.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.