• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Audio monito output jack?

Cutlass327

May 1, 2016
NE Ohio
Ok, just because I come up with these brilliant modifications I'd love to do to my radios, but have no idea how to do it, I thought I'd throw the idea out and see if anyone can help me out here.

I have my 3 Galaxies, a DX44V, DX88HL, and a DX939. Talkback being an issue with feedback, but would like to monitor output audio, is there a place I can tap into on the board to get audio out for a set of wired earbuds or something so I can hear the "talkback" independent of the external speaker? I don't want receive through it. Possible? Not?

This is one of the reasons I became a fan 20 years ago of Magnum radio's. They were the first to have an all mode talkback with a volume control on the front of the radio. Your best bet is to first have a resistor changed out so the talkback volume is to your liking. Then have a switch added so you can turn it on and off on the radio's you listed.

Well, the DX939 has that, but even just clicked on, volume down, I get feedback when I get the mic gain up and the D104 plugged in. That's why I like the ear bud idea, the mic doesn't pick it up as easily.

The Cobra 2000 'record' jack has its own one-transistor buffer amplifier tapped off the volume control's high side through C219, where the volume knob won't affect the level. Also has a capacitor C121 that taps off a sample of the mike audio, so the record jack delivers both transmit and receiver audio.

Makes me wonder if a tiny pc board with this circuit on it would sell at all?

Reactions: Cutlass327

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.