• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Audiovox mcb 10,whats the good,the bad,and the ugly on them?

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
I usually would ignor a hand held but i find i kinda need 1.
On the farm we got 6 trucks,i never drive same truck.be time consuming to change radio daily even hourly. I made an offer on 1 new in box on ebay and its mine. Some places where i load and unl0ad i need a cb to get orders or give orders.
I looked at some other brands and they all looked alike,j.c.pennys,sears 4 others cant remember all the brands.controls in same places same antenna might need a change on that make a connector change.

Don't remember ever seeing an Audiovox MCB10. Not listed anywhere I can find.

Comparing 40 year-old radios is a bit tricky.

They do all have one thing in common.

Age.

JC Penney and Sears haven't sold a new CB in decades. Might want to consider newer stuff if your objective is reliability.

Reactions: Rwb
Its new in the box.but it looks like several other brands just diffrent logo.only gave $15.00 including shipping so im not out a fortune.was hoping somebody used 1 or worked on 1 and see what they discovered about them.

s-l400 (2).jpg s-l400 (1).jpg
here it is in container and out

s-l400 (4).jpg s-l400 (3).jpg
Here is the j,c.penny same radio just diffrent color face.seen some other brands looks the same,sears cant remember all of them

Good looking girl for sure but like nomad said.... age of the internal components. I would pop the hood and look for any electrolytic caps and such. Maybe pull 1 out and throw it on a component tester to see if the value has degraded. May be other parts in there that time is unkind to.

I had 1 of these for a bit as a backup in cars/trucks. Works but not win any pileups on the 19! LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIDLAND-RA...888058&hash=item4d906561bb:g:qW0AAOSwKLZcnTTn

Good looking girl for sure but like nomad said.... age of the internal components. I would pop the hood and look for any electrolytic caps and such. Maybe pull 1 out and throw it on a component tester to see if the value has degraded. May be other parts in there that time is unkind to.

I had 1 of these for a bit as a backup in cars/trucks. Works but not win any pileups on the 19! LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIDLAND-RA...888058&hash=item4d906561bb:g:qW0AAOSwKLZcnTTn
as for power we go to ch 12 at 1 place,15 at another,8 at 1 place usually little traffic, wont be talking half mile tops

That's good because with that antenna you will be lucky to get a mile of range. It kinda looks like one of those emergency cb radio's that people keep in their trunk when they would go on vacation.

Reactions: Rwb and Chevboy0167
That's good because with that antenna you will be lucky to get a mile of range. It kinda looks like one of those emergency cb radio's that people keep in their trunk when they would go on vacation.
Thats what it is. I probably will look at making an adapter and using a better antenna. But i just need to talk maybe quarter mile tops,sometimes guy on loader at quarry is that far and he has to drive to crusher where im told to wait,if i have a cb he can tell me where to go to load saving us both time

Buy a Uniden 520xl and lil will mag mount antenna for each truck. plug the radio into the power port and stick the antenna on the roof, Cheap and effective.

Buy a Uniden 520xl and lil will mag mount antenna for each truck. plug the radio into the power port and stick the antenna on the roof, Cheap and effective.
already bought this audiovox.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.