• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Avanti Sigma II

Eddie,
I did like my sigma2, my favourite 5/8 back in the day, far from perfect but better made than the rest in our weather,
sigma2 clones like electronica special worked just as well but used lower grade tube & broke too often

i agree with Jay, power handling would be restricted by the spacing of the two aluminum plugs inside the fiberglass tube that form the roughly 46pf capacitor in parallel with the hoop,

on later dc grounded versions the small shunt coil probably won't like high power either,

its a low loss design but not very high power handling,

Avanti tube is .058" wall cold drawn 6061-t6, popular with the better quality ham antenna manufacturers & the arrl antenna book back in the day, its too expensive for anybody but coily nowadays,

weak points on sigma 2 are the fiberglass insulator & the crappy cast radial hub.

imho its a better design using better tube than the p500 on sale today.

Reactions: Marconi

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated