• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

B&k 2040 Repair Video

Radio Tech

Radio Operator
Sep 9, 2008
North Carolina
www.gokarters.com
test equipment repair forum here so I will post this video here.

This video addresses the modulation percent error. When the unit is powered on the meter pegs to the left. This is caused by a defected quad op-amp IC3 located on the front panel. The op-amp is a CA324. Pin 5 is input, pin 6 is control and 7 is output to the meter.
In this video we will trouble shoot the issue and repair the problem.
This video is the actual repair and is not staged, total repair time was 45 minutes by video was edited to stay in YCT 10 minute time.

Reactions: Robb

Excellent video!
We need/want more!

Thanks Robb,
I am glad that at least one person found it useful. :D
That made video number 6. I am not the best on making videos, need more practice I guess.
I will get better as I do more. I do not practice or trouble shoot before making the video, just point and shoot.

I plan to do a few more on the 2040. I picked up another 2040 that has many issues. One is the PLL is not locking. Also the 5 volt rail is checking 1.58 volts and someone added a out of band switch to it.

So will make several videos on trouble shooting starting with the power supply.
Glad you liked it.

Thanks again for your time,
Would love to see one on setting up a 29 receive with a 2040 and a scope.
Especially how to set up the noise blanker (L1).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.